leaf spring bushings??????

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I'm getting ready to put all new shackle bushing and leaf spring bushings for my truck. What is the difference between molded in frame shackle bushings and common frame shackle bushings. I'm not sure which ones I need?

Last edited:

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ths is what I used: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/80-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I've bought from this company a couple times now and its hard to beat a complete kit like this. For the spring bushings just call them with your spring code and they'll ship them in the same box as your order.

I think the difference your asking about is one is a one piece molded rubber in a metal outter shell and the other is a 3 piece setup with 2 rubber inserts and the bushing that goes through the center.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I should described a little bit. The only difference is the shackle bushing its self. I just don't know the difference between molded in frame bushing and common frame bushing. Energy supension website has two different part numbers for our trucks with these two options. All the shackles I have seen are the same unless some one put aftermarket on them. I don't know but I already won a bushing kit for the rear on e-bay for $15. I didn't think that was to bad. Just hope i got the right one.:dunno Thanks again.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a good kit iron man. I wish I would have seen that on e-bay before I bought my bushings. I'm sure the rust will get the best of mine some day.

zpd307

Reaction score
i think energy has pics to show you the difference between the two types of bushings. it has been a while since i have checked.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont remember the seller name. I usually do a search for spring hangers or shackles to find them. They ship from Ohio