laugh it up

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
ran out of fuel today. :idiot: technically i had fuel but i parked on a slope at the bank and she was dead on restart. took a little walk and bought a kero can and 5 gallons of fuel. got to try to fry my new starter but she fired and off we went.

wifey saw more humor in it that i did:rolleyes: but i had taken the day off to spend with her so it was all good.

time to get a new front tank. running only on a rear tank that leaks at the seam:puke: doesnt provide much range.:dunno

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Thats a good one!

hate to admit it but kinda been there n done that while off roading....just whirred the starter to get it to move in gear n flatten out cookoo

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i did whirr it to repark but in the busy bank parking lot there was no room to tinker anywhere flat. batts were slowin the crankin down so i cut my losses and took a hike.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rob, if you want a good rear tank, I'll bring you one in Indiana.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
speaking of tanks.....um I am considering an extra side tank if it will fit. Any suggestions?

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Well at least nothing blew up ;Sweet

I've had that happen once, i was sitting at a redlight and it started sputtering. There was a gas station on the other corner. I just looked around for any cars coming and gunned it over to it and just barely got to the pump in time.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Ahhhh.... using the ol' "I ran out of fuel" trick on the wifey huh?;Really
You must be registered for see images
Rob you're married you don't have to do that anymore:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

I have to admit, I did laugh when I read the first line of your post. LOL At least it wasn't rainin';Sweet

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Ahhhh.... using the ol' "I ran out of fuel" trick on the wifey huh?;Really
You must be registered for see images
Rob you're married you don't have to do that anymore:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

I have to admit, I did laugh when I read the first line of your post. LOL At least it wasn't rainin';Sweet

At least he was at the bank and not at "the submarine races." :rotflmao

Tom

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I'll be pulling the factory tanks out of mine soon. I'm going to saddle tanks, and maybe a bronco tank in the rear.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ran out of fuel today. :idiot: technically i had fuel but i parked on a slope at the bank and she was dead on restart.

Did exactly that at the Ferd dealership when I picked up the Superduty.

Was standing there talking to the general manager and bragging how dependable the IDI was and how it never let me down. Fired right up put it in gear and it stalled before I even let the clutch out. Wouldn't restart for nothing and both tanks showed over 1/4 full.

Have you any idea how embarassing it was to ask the GM if he could get a few people to help push my truck so I could hook up the tow bar to it after bragging like that.:oops:

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Did exactly that at the Ferd dealership when I picked up the Superduty.

Was standing there talking to the general manager and bragging how dependable the IDI was and how it never let me down. Fired right up put it in gear and it stalled before I even let the clutch out. Wouldn't restart for nothing and both tanks showed over 1/4 full.

Have you any idea how embarassing it was to ask the GM if he could get a few people to help push my truck so I could hook up the tow bar to it after bragging like that.:oops:

LOL

i'm just glad adding fuel fixed the problem. i thought i had more fuel than i guess i did.

Nick i need a front and a rear tank if you have them. Napa has the front one new for $100. or i could get my old one relined for $150:rolleyes: cookoo

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Rob
I got the used ones as far as I know they dont leak. If ya want Ill bring them next weekend, or if ya dont wanna drag themn that far Im sure I could get them to Russ's house.
as for putting a parts store replacement in I wouldnt.
my experiance with ford tanks is 1 out of 1 will rust, and leak.
one place that does the renu tank is just over the hill from me, I have bought many tanks from them for my own and for customers trucks, hell I think every ford I have owned has had at least one of there tanks in it.
in fact right now I have a rear tank for the 96 on order from them.
Nick

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about 3 weeeks ago I ran out of diesel. I was to cheap to stop earlier and pay 20 cents a gallon difference. at the time my fuel gauge was below empty,

When I ran out I coasted about a quarter mile into a senior citizen hi-rise. I can imagine the thought of who was hurt or sick going through peoples minds. Neighbors were probably calling neighbors to make sure they were ok. Glad I was not driving a hearse LOL

Worst part of it was though was that the senior citizen hi-rise is within steps of a gas station with diesel pumps but they dont sell diesel cookoo so I wound up walking about 3/4 of a mile and on the way there with diesel can in hand i seen a co-worker who was at the station also when I got there so hee gave me a ride back and helped me bleed the system to get it going again.