large remote fuel filter

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
hey guys, whats the biggest / tallest / bad-est / longest lasting fuel filter out there that will spin on to our filter heads. I'm not worried about having enough room, as this will be remote mount. But I want to use a huge one.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Haven't a clue Rob your best bet may be to just go to a big rig shop and get the filter and head unit if you want a huge filter

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rob, most filters with paper media are not designed to last more than a year. What's the issue? Hopeing to avoid changing it ever?

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
By remote mount, I mean in my garage. I have 2 extra filter heads, one is stock and one is some sort of aftermarket. But they both will take the stock 7.3 filter. I want to use one of these heads, with the biggest filter available as the final filter for my WVO setup. It just seems I would clog the stock size rather quickly.

I would have put this in the alt fuels forum, but at this point my question really is what's the biggest filter available. Per Aric's suggestion, I may be best off just bringing my head in to see what they have.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Rob, I have a bigger filter head with a big filter on it that I pulled of one of the trucks on the lot, I will take a pic of it and post it soon.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
hey Rob need a little more info on your setup and what your planning I'm ussing a goldenrod filter with a 10 micron rating and 150 psi working preasure and the replacement filters are only $5

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
To be the antagonist here, but hows' about a fuel filter assembly off an old 5 ton or duece and a half? They have at least a 4 qt capacity and filter out alot of crud. cookoo Plenty of trucks and parts on them govt liquidation DRMO sites. Filters are stil readily available.

Just a thought. :D

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of the filter and head, compared to a standard filter. You are probablly wanting something bigger but it is an option for you.

Attachments

• IM000638.JPG
    IM000638.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IM000639.JPG
    IM000639.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 6

JimmyDee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that setup a standard Racor head with a NAPA filter. I guess my question is, does NAPA sell replacement cartridges for the Racor system?
Jim

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Thanks Darrin. As you say, It's still bigger than the stock one. Thanks for all the input and ideas guys. Lots of good ones in here. Once I get my 'refinery' totally setup i'll start a thread in the alt fuels section to let you guys know how it turns out.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Well, I decided on the one Im gonna use for a finishing filter. Its a CAT 1R-0749. Sposed to filter down to 2 microns, and it spins on to the stock filter head. However the head Im using in the picture is aftermarket, but it has the same threads as the stock head. So the whole house filter is 30 microns, and the finishing filter is 2. That ought to get it done.

Attachments

• Picture 601.jpg
    Picture 601.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 19

ramon f350

Reaction score
I will get the numbers off our oil filters that fit on our international 4700 DTE trucks if you would like that is a big filter

Ramon

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Rob,
What kind of pump do you use? Where did you get it? I'm trying to put together someting cheaply right now. I use an 12v electric fuel pump from
from a car. I run my mix of WMO and diesel through a Goldenrod 10 micron filter, but the little fuel pump takes forever!!!
John

sassyrel

Reaction score
if your looking for a nifty pump--go to ebay--to business and industrial--then to food service--then type procon in the horizontal white line--you want ot buy the pump attached to a motor--these pump about 2.5 gals a min free flow--buts whose in a big hurry??? besides--you dont want to push it thru the filters too fast------rob--the cat filter is 2 microns absolute---

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online