Kent Moore J-33300

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea the one on the shelf in my shop was advertised the same way!
Good that the seller refunded my money as it do not work!

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:mad:-cuss

WHY AM I NOT IN ARIZONA RIGHT NOW?!!!!!!!

EDIT: I have family in Phoenix, I may jump on this. Any advice Gary?

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
J 33300 is worth bidding on two mag probes can't see for sure a clamp but could be, hard to say if works or not that's only issue.

I'd suggest try n bid IMHO having a J33300 myself.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the bags says 50A, which is the part number for the injection line clamp. I see what looks like the ground clamp for one as well in the box. I think it's a safe bet that it has it, from the photos. I think I'm going to go for this one, if I can convince my aunt to pick it up for me.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish it was closer, as I have a donor unit that I hope to get repaired.
The pickups are nib, unit display only flashes once when power is attached?!
Good luck guys!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The kent moore j33300 has plenty to offer in this post. It appears to have 2 magnetic probes. If they are working fine thats nearly $750.00 right there new. Then you have what looking like 3 line clamps with a harness. Thats about $525.00 right there. Now the meter. Mostly its condition and does the display burn red or not. If the display is the red and not the green then you have a meter that when the display fails you wont be finding parts. This is the information I got from the repair shop a few years back. I can't say how many red displays failed compared to the green either. I'm really not interested in buying a meter I know can't be repaired unless I'm buying it for parts. What would I bid on this for having spare parts. Well probably $300.00...

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance of getting the # of the company that will work on my meter?
All the old shops here went outta business!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance of getting the # of the company that will work on my meter?
All the old shops here went outta business!
Whoa...whats going on...or not going on, I worked carefully with Gary to establish that some NON working meters just needed some TLC after having mine fail. I did take it apart document my findings with photos and such. Gary and I worked to do similar to his and as far as I know we got them all up and running.

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
This is an auction for one (1) J33300 Diesel Engine Timer. It has been used by our company for years and is now retired. We have not tested it so we are not sure if it works. It appears to be in good shape with no damage. Just typical wear from use. It includes everything pictured. There are some extra accessories included that may have not been used.

I'm not seeing where it says "unit display only flashes once when power is attached"? Not sure where that came from. :dunno

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry guys, my computer education and puter skills along with typing on an I fail phone are at fault!!!
I was asking Gary about a meter I got from an individual off site, he was some kinda clearing house guy,,, had no idea of what he was selling, i got it fer $20 cuz it only flashes up a rack of green 8's upon connecting/disconnecting power! the op and the unit he posted are just trying to help out and may or may not work as most municipalities/mechanic can verify operation of an item,,, as they state we dunno if it works (read busted unit?!)! Me I need HELP oh yea!
sorry to muddy the waters!
cb

Last edited:

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the bags says 50A, which is the part number for the injection line clamp. I see what looks like the ground clamp for one as well in the box. I think it's a safe bet that it has it, from the photos. I think I'm going to go for this one, if I can convince my aunt to pick it up for me.
Well did you end up getting it ? I see it went for $151.00

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, I did not, unfortunately. I had $120 to spend right now, no more. I'm bummed, but hey, another will come along eventually.