KansasIDI’s 1986 Ford F250HD 7.3L IDI

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this redneck bullsh!t you may ask? ‘Tis a leather wrapped heater core. Not quite finished, but will seal up with some RTV and should last a long time, and be a complete pain in the ars to replace.

Attachments

• IMG_2323.jpeg
    IMG_2323.jpeg
    423 KB · Views: 10

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Griffin @snicklas

My truck is no longer a 6.9, is now a 7.3. I don’t see the option to change the name of the thread, all it needs is to say 7.3 not 6.9.

I’m actually having a hell of a time calling that truck a 7.3, it looks like and was a 6.9 truck for so long… ah well…

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
For me, on a desk top, all I had to do was click on my screen name at the top of the page to call up the drop box. next, I clicked on "signature". That took me to a page marked "edit signature". From there, the banner was already in a box ready to edit.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, on a desk top, all I had to do was click on my screen name at the top of the page to call up the drop box. next, I clicked on "signature". That took me to a page marked "edit signature". From there, the banner was already in a box ready to edit.
I know how to do that, just want to change this thread’s name. All good though

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how long it takes for stuff to arrive from R&D, but I ordered on the 3rd, not too long ago. Might not have everything until next weekend. Supposedly my head gasket and coolant overflow tank arrived today…

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how long it takes for stuff to arrive from R&D, but I ordered on the 3rd, not too long ago. Might not have everything until next weekend. Supposedly my head gasket and coolant overflow tank arrived today…
Well, if it's coming FedEx...... we'll get it there when it gets there........but if it accidentally gets loaded in MY truck....... you might NEVER get it(que diabolical laughter):music:

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some genius JB welded the transfer case to the transmission…
AAAAUUUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!! :idiot: :***::smash:-cuss:backoff:frustrate:puke::shoot::mad:-Flame Thr
Obviously not a member of oil burners. If it had been a member of oil burners they would have used bailing wire and duct tape with the intention of "doing it right" at a later date with JB weld but never really getting around to JB welding it. So the previous owner is definitely someone who has too much time on their hands.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously not a member of oil burners. If it had been a member of oil burners they would have used bailing wire and duct tape with the intention of "doing it right" at a later date with JB weld but never really getting around to JB welding it. So the previous owner is definitely someone who has too much time on their hands.
The previous owner seems to have done no good to this rig…

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@KansasIDI I feel you. I'm still finding oddities from the previous owner on mine. Best so far is the cap from a highlighter wrapped in tape that was stuffed in the oil return grommet because he took the turbo off before selling it. Also, I got my RnD pump delivered yesterday, USPS delayed it a day. Should see yours any day now, check your email for a tracking number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online