Just so you know...You're all drivng Powerstrokes

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I like looking at the progression as shown by the engine photos...

The IDI is clean, simple, no nonsense...

The 7.3 is a little more complicated,
The 6.0, a little more,
The 6.4, a little more,
The 6.7... wait, where did the engine go??? All I see is plastic and wires and, oh wait... there's a flywheel! :sly

"The 6.7 is a groundbreaking engine with amazing Ford advancements, such as aluminum cylinder heads, plastic wrist pins, and a balsa wood crankshaft." :sly

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
And that is " The OFFICIAL Ford power stroke website.

They don't know their own history; how pathetic.
Obviously they want to use the great reputation that "our" IDIs have earned and apply it to their newer _______.

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
powerchoke?

Does this mean that I can finally put that badge on my 87?
Then I airbrush a little "NOT" to the right of the stupid emblem.:rotflmao

Imagine the looks, comments and conversations........cookoo

When was the first real PS built?

LCjeff

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
200 Billion miles of happy owners on IDI 6.9 and 7.3's and plenty of parts to keep them running.... let's see how long the 6.0/6.7 crowd makes it.... I'm betting my cast iron heads and "heavy" engine is still around when they are in the scrap yards.

It's a diesel... heavy is good, rattle is the new happy noise, and I love the smell of raw veggie oil in the morning.... :0)

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love these idi"s but I hope that this new 6.7 brings ford up to where dodge is with the cummins. If the engine is any where near what there saying in power and fuel economy I believe they will steal some sales from dodge!

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I love these idi"s but I hope that this new 6.7 brings ford up to where dodge is with the cummins. If the engine is any where near what there saying in power and fuel economy I believe they will steal some sales from dodge!

But, they are building the new motor in Mexico, so chances are, it wont. :rolleyes:

I know people who won't buy one simply based on the principle of buying crap made in Mexico.

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The power and economy are one side of it....and ford may be able to compete there, but where I have my doubts is how many 6.0/6.7's will be passing the 300k mark after being used as a hauler

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
Lighter, more powerful and more fuel efficient (as well as B20 fuel compatible), this engine, built in Ford's Chihuahua, Mexico engine plant, takes diesel engineering to an entirely new level. New features include "Instant Start" glow plugs for quicker starts in even the coldest weather; a new, lightweight compacted graphite iron engine block (160 lbs lighter than the current 6.4L); aluminum cylinder heads (a Power Stroke® first); and piston-cooling jets for longer engine life.

Two words: no thanks :puke:

It was a cool article just the same, thanks for the link. And it says power plant, not power stoke. :angel:

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But, they are building the new motor in Mexico, so chances are, it wont. :rolleyes:

I know people who won't buy one simply based on the principle of buying crap made in Mexico.

And, I would venture to bet that because it is made by the people who have NOT forgotten the principles of hard work, and take excessive pride in thier work, which our country fails epicly on both counts.. it will earn the reputation that the IDI's have. Be built to the same exacting and enduring standards the early *** stuff was, if you will. Bullet side Datsun pickups, and 510's, Cotrolla's back when they were rear drive and simple, etc. etc.

And.... there will be millions of 'em, as things that are Hecho en Mexico, tend to breed like bunnies...:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance