Just in case your walking around on any GE locomotives today....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's going to be one hell of a bang when that turbine wheel grinds its way through the housing, through the air, and then naws through the door on its way to your face. :rotflmao

When did railroads get so whimpy? In the old days, they would have just welded some 1/4" steel plate to the backside of the door and called it good. LOL

SafetyBriefing
July 11, 2009 GE Evolution Series Turbochargers SB-2009-03G

On another Class 1 railroad there have been two recent turbocharger failures on
General Electric Evolution Series locomotives which resulted in portions of the
turbine rotating assembly penetrating the turbocharger case and exiting the
locomotive carbody. The root cause analysis into the failures is still in process
but preliminary investigation has revealed that the failures that have occurred
are due to catastrophic failure of turbocharger shafts which were produced by
one of two of GE's suppliers for that part.

The suspect turbocharger shafts affect new Evolution Series locomotives
produced from January 2007 to March 2009 as well as any Evolution locomotive
which has had a turbocharger replaced due to failure or engine change during
the same time period.

Over the next several days the specific locomotives containing suspect parts
will be identified and those locomotives will be removed from service pending
turbocharger replacement. Until such time ALL EMPLOYEES SHOULD NOT
ACCESS EXTERNAL WALKWAYS OR BE IN THE PROXIMITY TO THE LONG
HOOD AREA OF ANY GE EVOLUTION SERIES LOCOMOTIVE (BNSF 5718-7799)
WHICH IS OPERATING OR BEING LOAD TESTED UNDER POWER IN NOTCH 4
OR ABOVE.

Avoid these areas

REMEMBER -- All BNSF employees are empowered to work safely. If
you think a condition is unsafe, protect it, report it, assist in correcting
it, or use your expertise to provide a better and safer way.
BNSF Safety Vision

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
:eek:
No wonder why they're bum sniffers.

Preparing for the inevitable sound of tearing metal.;Really

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man.... lets hope nothing happens to anyone near it. I could just see the lawyers drooling at this headline.....
"kid killed by flying engine parts while walking family dog by rail road tracks."

fcdrifter13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man.... lets hope nothing happens to anyone near it. I could just see the lawyers drooling at this headline.....
"kid killed by flying engine parts while walking family dog by rail road tracks."

"Family sued for letting children near train tracks"

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
"Family sued for letting children near train tracks"

Funny you should say that.......Here is a semi on topic Email I got...Talk about Bull ****.....

CALGARY — Legal action has been launched on behalf of a Calgary boy who lost his foot while trying to jump on a freight train and the brother who watched in horror.

A statement of claim filed on behalf of Jashua and Andruw Piche seeks damages totalling $900,000, over the Aug. 15, 2007, accident.

The document, a copy of which was obtained yesterday by the Sun Media, names Canadian National Railway, the City of Calgary and the Forest Lawn Community Association as defendants.

It says Jashua Piche lost his right foot after he and his brother entered a CNR yard through a broken fence.

"Jashua Piche attempted to climb onto a moving train ... (when he) slipped and fell underneath the train, which subsequently rolled over him," it states.

The mishap caused "Andruw Piche to suffer emotional trauma as a result of seeing and having to rescue (his brother)."

It alleges the defendants, along with an unnamed company and individuals, were negligent in not repairing the hole in the fencing.

The defendants "knew or ought to have known that the plaintiffs would be present on the premises given the state of disrepair of the ... fence," the lawsuit says.

It seeks $800,000 in damages for Jashua, who along with his amputated foot suffered severe neck, back and shoulder injuries, and $100,000 for Andruw.

The boys' father made news earlier this year when he was sentenced to a year in jail for assaulting Jashua's principal.

Robert Gary Piche attacked West Dover school principal Sharon Hanwell on Dec. 13, 2007, mistakenly believing she had confined the handicapped boy in a washroom.

Statements of defence disputing the unproven allegations in the lawsuit have not yet been filed.

wreckerman893

Reaction score
Proof positive that stupid people should not be allowed to breed.....where were the parents of these little ****** cretins when one of them was getting his foot amputated INSIDE A RESTRICTED AREA.
The sad truth is that the RR will prob settle out of court.
This reinforces my long held belief that the intelligence is being bred out of the human race at an alarming rate.

powerhungry07

Reaction score
Proof positive that stupid people should not be allowed to breed.....where were the parents of these little ****** cretins when one of them was getting his foot amputated INSIDE A RESTRICTED AREA.
This reinforces my long held belief that the intelligence is being bred out of the human race at an alarming rate.

exactly think mc donalds or tim hortons with tht hot coffee case people sueing for getting hurt when they breakinto a home

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exactly think mc donalds or tim hortons with tht hot coffee case people sueing for getting hurt when they breakinto a home

(See below reply to quote).

The problem is, with modern society et all, intelligence is really not needed. Especially when you have "people" telling others that "they" will take care of them. Is that 'natural'? I say no.... if things in our societies/species would be like 'nature' (ie the wild), the people who are idiots would end up dying and not able to reproduce. Right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance