Junkyard turbo prices

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
So while i was picking through one of the local yards today i came across this banks sidewinder kit. I asked how much they wanted for it and they told me 2,000. Why would they price it so high for being old and used. It would prolly need to be rebuilt anyway. On a better note i found a dash pod and a bunch of the interior trim pieces i was missing.:D

Attachments

• 110_1721.JPG
    110_1721.JPG
    909.3 KB · Views: 26

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
not sure why they would price it so high. you can get a brand new sidewinder kit for like 2600.

mudduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some junkyards will try to **** you if they don't know what its worth so they don't lose any cash. if they tried tellin me some crazy price like that id tell em to shove it

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
yea thats what i did i just walked away. I just couldnt believe that. They tried to get me to pay 40 bucks for a kick panel and a piece of A pillar trim too. They had lots of good stuff but there prices are insane.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea thats what i did i just walked away. I just couldnt believe that. They tried to get me to pay 40 bucks for a kick panel and a piece of A pillar trim too. They had lots of good stuff but there prices are insane.

I got a complete non wg ats kit for 82.00 here, that's including isspro pyro and boost gauges.LOL That's a crazy price.cookoo

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now where did you find that steal at?

A1 pick apart in ogden utah, they charge 50.00 for the turbo, 25.00 for the core, and if you get somebody who doesn't know what the rest of the crap is, it's 10.00 for the rest of the junk.:rotflmao I was actually looking for a tailgate and I saw a boost gauge in the truck I was picking from, needless to say, I didn't end up getting the tailgate that day.LOL

I ended up selling it a week later for $400.00, not because I wanted to make a killing though, that's just what it took for me to part with it.

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
yea thats a rip off my local junkyard its 35.00 for any turbo setup off of anything i got a turbo up pipes and a bunch of other stuff off of a 7.3 powerstroke for next to nothing i think i gave a lil extra for everything else though but for any turbo he has its base line 35 dollars

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Outrageous price, considering in a year or two Banks will no longer be making the sidewinder kits for our trucks nor will they stock any service parts for them. I've heard it all, but the fact is, Banks has shut down the IDI division before, and they are in the process of doing it again. It wont be long before it's completely shut down and no more parts for their systems will be had.
Many people bash the 088 ATS non wastegated system, but I'm happy with it and I'm glad I have an ATS system. I have 2 other ATS turbo systems, a factory wastegated system and a 093 ATS system with 12,000 actual miles on it. The ATS systems are much more serviceable than the Banks ones, but thats just my opinion (not worth much around here).

mudduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i gave a truck load of split and ready to burn oak (my dad owns a tree service so firewood is free)for my setup , the seals were leakin in the airesearch turbo that came with it , gave 175 bucks for a good fresh garrett and no problems since then . but i go through just one junkyard and they take good care of me cuz im always buyin parts for projects.

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
They prolly wanted to but i ran out of there lol. Now that i think about it tho with a hood a bed and a interior that truck prolly would have fired up and ran out of there to. odometer only said 98,000 but i figure its rolled over a time or to. plus it had a d60 under the front.

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
they got any idi turbos? ill make it WELL worth your time to get it for me.

umm ill have to make my way up one of these day the turbos i know that are up there is two T-Birds with turbos but i have to get up there one of these days been about a month since ive been up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online