Making a junkyard parts run for the 86 F250

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
How do you feel about carpeted floors or rubberized floors compared to bare metal floors that seem more common in the older pre-1980 trucks?

It’s a polarizing question when it comes to the more classic trucks
I prefer carpet. I think it looks better.

SkylabTech86IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer carpet. I think it looks better.
I’m torn - I like a well cared for carpet but they’re harder to clean and I know I’d need to be on top of carpet cleaning because I often have muddy shoes.

My thoughts are if I’m in or around the truck then I’m doing work. Work means dirty. I think the bare metal floors are a lot easier to keep clean. They do make for a cold winter, though. The road noise is a drawback for some too. I don’t mind it and lean towards liking it.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you feel about carpeted floors or rubberized floors compared to bare metal floors that seem more common in the older pre-1980 trucks?

It's on of the "you do you" things. I'm going to keep the rubber mat in my tow truck for utility, the dually will stay carpeted for it's appeal. My wife's bronco has carpet, I think when I get to my bronco I'll have rubber mat in it. But really all that is just keeping it as it already is. I probably couldn't do bare metal, for sound perposes.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of only seeing the hood, this is why I think it’s important to bring back hood ornaments. It’d be a big part of what you see!

I think people would drive a little more careful if they didn’t want to mess up that sweet Mercury Cougar Emblem
You must be registered for see images attach
My daughter has a 88 cougar with 5.0, it's black and pretty no hood ornament though. My tow truck has the 3 lions hood ornament and the dually has the Centurion Lehman hood ornament.

Black dawg

Reaction score
The problem with rubber floors is that if they get wet underneath, they wont dry.