It Happened Again. This is the second time.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck, mind rolled 200,000 miles 1000 miles back > made me :cry:
Pretty cool you filmed it though.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the milestone John!

Here's to hoping you get another 100K out of her.

Heath

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I have 800 till 400,000. To bad she sits alot now.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool that you filmed that John. I've managed to photograph a few, but never film it. It's so cool... :)

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately that was filmed at night and I had to set the video light to on in order to film it on my phone. Earlier that day I knew I had only ten miles to go and I did not want it to happen on my way to work in the morning so I got Lola and took her to Pet Smart to pick up a few things. When we got there I only had 5 miles to go to make it to the 200K mark. When we came back put a few minutes later I got in the truck and turned the key to hear one click. I had thought the starter bit the dust that was replaced over this past winter as it was cranking slow and then would speed up in the days before. The starter [previously I had a problem with and a few wraps of a hammer while someone was inside turning the key to the crank position got it going.

Seeing there was a guy pushing carts for pet smart I asked if he could help me out by turning the key to the start position repeatedly while i was underneath banging on it with a hammer and as I was under there banging on it the big wire and small wire fell off the starter. This was not good as I had to be at work the next morning at 4:30am so I called a friend and he agreed to help me out. When he got there he took a look and without dropping the starter we were able to get the wires back on but before we did that we made a trip to Lowes for some washers. Since Lola was with me I could not leave her by herself in my truck so we took her to Lowes with us and I carried her in the store. That is one place I would never bring a dog but under the circumstances there was nothing else that could be done.

Lowes is also a place that I probably will not go to again because I waited for 20-25 minutes for a sales associate to help me out. Not only was the customer service lousy but the guy was not knowledgeable at all. As it turns out the big washers I bought were to small and the stud would not fit though the whole. In the store I brought both nuts to get the right sized washers. The small washers I bought were fine for the small wire. Fortunately in my friends tool box we found two flat washers that the stud fit through so we have a washer then the cable end piece then a flat washer in front of that and the nut in front of that giving it a tight sandwiched connection. Now its back to cranking fast again. The only thing I will change is I am going to put a lock washer behind the nut on the big stud so the connection stays tight. I just need to find the right size lock washer. The nut is 5/8 but I have no idea what the stud size is.