Issues with VIAIR System, Running without ignition or manual controll switch ON

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure what happened, but I've been in contact with VIAIR about another issue I've had with this system since I've had it. And to be honest they don't seem to want to be very helpful with that problem so this new one isn't going to go over well either.
The original issue I had was the pressure shut off switch has never shut the pump off, I've always had to manually shut it off.
The new issue happened tonight, I parked my truck down the street from my friends house while I watched the UFC fights tonight. When I left about 30 minutes ago I walked up to the truck to hear the air compressor running, ignition switch obviously off and the manual control switch in the cab on the gauge was also in the OFF position. I had to pull the fuse to get the pump to shut off. I'm thinking the relay took a crap but I don't understand why or how it could have done it when no one was around the truck because it was off when I left the truck and it was off about 2 hours ago.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check wiring for shorts...could trigger the pump on...same with pressure switch it may be shorted out and cannot shut off

JM2CW

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I figured it out this morning and it didn't make me very happy. I've had this system in my truck what, like a year and 3 months? The pressure switch with the internal relay has shorted out internally. The constant battery + and the control 12v+ switched have shorted out internally. Rendering my system useless until I can get a new pressure switch.

I'm guessing the pressure switch has always had an issue with it and it finally just took a dump all together. VIAIR has been a major disappointment in making that original switch issue right and now that its completely bad I doubt they will do anything about it. I contacted them within the first week I had it installed and notified them that the pressure switch wasn't functioning properly and they have been just giving me the run around for over a year. About 3 months ago they wrote me an email saying they noticed my warranty period had expired and I've heard nothing back form them since then.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Email them a link to this thread but copy any emails you sent to them into this thread first with appropriate dates etc. Thus showing your attempts to get them to make it right.

Now even after warranty I bet with a little nudge they would be happy to see a positive outcome to this issue before it gets too many views!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker