Interesting Discussion....Ford training.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it hasn't been seen before http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-06-08.php go to the bottom, and on the right there is a complete manual on the 6.7.

Its an awesome article, but I'm disgusted at the same time.

This engine has a throttle valve, a F&)%$ THROTTLE VALVE!!!!------on a diesel!:puke:
The idea is to increase resistance on the fresh air inlet to force the engine to ingest more exhaust gases.

The rather large urea tank has to be refilled with every oil change. Silly me, I was picturing something smaller when i first heard about **** water injection. How much does this **** cost?

There area total of 3 filters on the exhaust line including the infamous DPF. Yeah I would bet it would run better with a strait pipe. I'll believe the MPG numbers when I see them.

I shudder to think what will happen after 10 years of sand and salt getting blown at all the emissions harness that is completely exposed under the truck.

Looking at the photographs, I can see that ford still refuses to undercoat their trucks from factory, only naked primer underneath. They want over $50k for this thing and they still can't afford to undercoat them?

Don't like the idea of a plastic lower oil pan and the oil cooler is too small. I do like that the plastic oil pan is removable, but I can't think of any reason some one would have to.

The oil cooling for the pistons is a novel idea but wonder if this was a risky solution. For on thing it weakens the piston crown, and another thing is its more vulnerable to sludge build up.

What I do like is a shorter list.

Injectors and glow plugs are once again accessible without removing the valve cover.
Diddo on the turbocharger.
Reverse flow heads are a no brainer when starting from scratch, so kudos for that too.

Brutis

Work in Progress
Reaction score
I saw a 2011 Yesterday. I agree that the grill is ugly, but I think the trucks are great overall. Too bad for the DPF and UREA though.

Cool video!

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about the fact the 6.7 is made in mexico.

Ford drops International and as a result the Indy plant closes. Then they decide to make the new engine in mexico *** Way to help our country in its time of need.

I can no longer refer to an International engine as a "powerstroke".

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
So now Ford suggests a cetane booster in the IDIs, they said not to use it back in 92 when mine was built. Yes I read the supplimental owners manual.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Built in Mexico or Canada is okay by me. I'd rather it was built in the states but at least it's not China or Vietnam or someplace like that. I'm for whatever keeps Ford workers employed and American vehicles on the roads. If it must be outsourcing then so be it. Capital always looks for low labor costs. Here's a question to make you think....is a Ford with the engine made in Mexico or a Toyota built entirely in the states more of an American car/truck? I personally feel in the world we live in of MNCs that the key concern has to be good, well paying jobs for your citizens and keeping American companies profitable, because they'll therefore employee more workers in the US, regardless of other projects, the shares of Ford will go up helping many people with their injured retirement plans and increasing revenue to the US treasury in taxes.

sootman73

Reaction score
And if people think that quality is lacking due to things being produced in mexico then forget it. We have a gear plant in mexico and they do just as good if not better than our Fort Wayne, IN plant.... They also do research and development that we are happy with and i work in the global main research and development lab. (but china is horrible!!!)

sootman73

Reaction score
I really like how the block heater is standard equipment but if you want to use it you have to choose the option of the cord.... :dunno

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the dealer. I have a friend thats a salesman I have bought 3 vehicles from him including my IDI. We hopped in an '11 truck with the 6.7, they are very very nice trucks, better than ANYTHING GM or Dodge can offer. Power is awesome, it doesnt feel like 390, but its not intended to be a race car. Id like to hook a trailer to one, probably pull harder than a Peterbilt! The one I drove had a $56,000 yes $56,000 sticker price. I do have to say, those air conditioned leather seats could almost get me to pay that price LOL. I also looked at a King Ranch edition that was $62,000.

I personally am a fan of the DEF **** water because of the increased fuel economy. The truck I drove had about 75 miles on it and was averaging 15.7mpg, going on test drives with guys like me hammering the go pedal.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I really like how the block heater is standard equipment but if you want to use it you have to choose the option of the cord.... :dunno

Yep, It has been that way since 05 I think, during the 6.0 years. My 03 has a cord from the factory, they all did. In 04 or 05 if the truck was not sold in a cold climate, Florida for example, the block heater was not installed from the factory. It the truck was headed to Minnesota, it would have had a cord.

The other thing you will like is the price. If you go to Ford to get the "accessory" block heater cord, I believe they sell it for something like $80 or $90 bucks. You can pick up one from a parts store or fleebay for $15 or $20. I think from IH it is something like $30, still better than the same one from Ford..... that little blue box is expensive.......:rotflmao