Intercooler

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I've got the bigger 32 row tranny cooler. Are you using the same? Do you have it between the condenser and the radiator as in the .pdf?

Not sure what size I have. Mine is between the intercooler in front of the ac condenser. The brace for the front support is in front of the trans cooler.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Question for the collective, will the 32 plate 6.0 tranny cooler fit between the condenser and the radiator on my 94?
I'd have to guess that you'll have to modify the mounting location of the condenser a little bit. At least that's the way it appears on my 85.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't have time today to do more than take a quick look. I've got the trucks parked nose to nose to facilitate swapping the 32 plate 6.0 tranny cooler from the '90, which has it mounted in front of the radiator, to the '94. Both the brick nose and the OBS have the grill removed and from the quick look, it *seems* like there's plenty of room on the OBS to fit the cooler between the radiator and the condenser - not so much on the brick nose. Hopefully, I'll get some time tomorrow to get some work done or at least figure out if it's gonna fit. I sure hope so! If it will, that simplifies the I/C installation...

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using the Cx racing cooler that’s seen on here a lot with my 90cc pump, stage 1 injectors and a modified 093 turbo kit so basically the same set up as you. Works great very responsive and only lost like 1ish psi and everything over 10psi is solid power now not hot charge and falling on its face

You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! I would recommend pressure testing the intercooler while you have it out, that way youre not fighting a boost leak after you spend the time installing it. Ive only done 6.0 and aftermarket intercoolers, but I believe the outlets on that intercooler are 3" so you could either do all 3" piping or save some space and use 2.5" piping, for most IDIs it will not make a difference in power. Since youre building your own piping, most people buy a universal piping kit online and use the included bends, couplers and clamps to suit their needs, just make sure it has good quality T bolt clamps, and multi ply silicone couplers. Rubber boots and gear clamps dont hold up great, but are cheaper to produce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online