installing a york

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On closer scrutiny of the pictures, it appears to me that the A/C pump is not actually attached to the bracket itself, but sort of hinges and pivots on the rigidly mounted YORK; is this the case ??

How thick is that plate-steel; 3/16 ??

I take it the top adjuster-bolt thingie is to brace the A/C pump at the rear and the long threaded rod between the A/C and outside of the YORK tensions the belt, right ??

Those pictures have been very enlightening to me; of course, after I get this all built and anyone is looking under the hood, I am gonna take full credit for it. LOL

Can you show some pictures looking straight down at the top of the bracket and it's mounting attachment points ??

Thanks. :)

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
lol its the other way around. The top adjusting bolt thingy you speak of is to adjust the belt. I then wanted a brace to run down the back of it because i was having issues with the ac pump kind of bouncing around. So i made that adjustable rod to brace the back. the York is solid mounted to the plate with all 4 bolts. The lower part of the ac pump is a pivot point and just has 2 ears that are welded on and the long bolt slides through. The top of the bracket is actually held on with the 3 bolts that you speak of in the actually head. i will get you some more pics when i get off work :) My mama always said stealing is bad :backoff:backoff:backoff:backoff:backoff :D

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, alvinturtle, your pictures have given me the incentive to get one of those YORKs off the shelf and in use.

The more pictures, the better. ;Sweet

Thanks. :)

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a york on my F250. I will put one on the crew cab as well. They work great. I used it to air up tires and impact lug nuts off with ease. I have the v-belt setup on my truck. Lots of photos in my webshots in the Black F250's gallery. You can get serp belt clutches for the york as well. I filter the air intake and added a site glass for the oil level. I'd certainly do the oil mod as AT stated above as well.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
;Really Im interested on how you accomplished this. Please do explain :love:

Well, it was drilled and tapped for a brass sight glass on the side of the case. I don't have a photo of just the sight glass, but you can see it (the brass thingy) in the photo below.

Heath

Attachments

• 2588544450063311215S600x600Q85.jpg
    2588544450063311215S600x600Q85.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 14

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
hawt dam! thats what iv been looking to do to mine. its a pain to check the level in this thing. May i ask where you purchased the glass? and how far up you decided to drill the hole? How many oz of oil do you run in yours?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hawt dam! thats what iv been looking to do to mine. its a pain to check the level in this thing. May i ask where you purchased the glass? and how far up you decided to drill the hole? How many oz of oil do you run in yours?

This was done 6 years ago..... I don't remember. But, i can get some measures of where it is located. The site glass I got from NAPA. I don't have the part number........ again, sorry. I just fill it until it is in the middle of the glass and call it good, it makes the process stupid simple.

Heath

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
This was done 6 years ago..... I don't remember. But, i can get some measures of where it is located. The site glass I got from NAPA. I don't have the part number........ again, sorry. I just fill it until it is in the middle of the glass and call it good, it makes the process stupid simple.

Heath

That would be great! please let me know. Ill go on NAPA and see what i can find..Thanks again!