Injector Lines

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I have looked at that setup from Eastwood (I buy from them regularly) many times. Baking the parts in an oven is the killer for me. I'll be putting a wood stove in my new shop before next winter. I wonder if a fabbed metal box to sit on the stove would work? Maybe use the flue to heat a box like the old water heaters of years past? Gears are turning again...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, one thing you could do to them to make them look cool, if that is what your after, would be to rubberize them. Dip them in one of those popular colored liquid vinyls. When dry, you would just need to trim off the excess from the ends, and on #1, allow a section to be cut off when needed for timing.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
the real problem with paint and powder coating and vinyl stuff will be the ability to remove and reinstall them without damaging them. I was concerned about that with chrome as well.

wWe'll have to see. i won't do any of this stuff anyway. I have never seen an IDI install that I thought looked neat. I think it's just an ugly engine.

There - I said it.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Mike

I agree. An engine is an engine and should look like an engine. However, I'm kind of **** about detail and cleanliness. I prefer a nicely detailed stock looking engine, whether it's in a muscle car or a truck, over an engine covered with chrome and billet do-dads.

Tom

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A few years ago I broke an injector line because I didn't feel the vibration dampners were worth putting back on... -cuss LOL cookoo I tried grinding off the swedged cracked end. I found out that it was not a compression fitting but it was part of the steel line. I thought I could replace the ferral but no way. The line was replaced by Ford because I didn't know about these sites and was not comfortable working on it. Now I can get past anything without help. See Ma... Theys learned me well. This is for those that think these motors are a mystery. They are no differant than a gasser. Sure, they have some small areas that if you have never been into you may become worried but thats why this site is here. Just do it. Wee will be here to help.. Promise. :hail

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle