Injector codes

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, i know what y'all are gonna say.....search for it....

I seen it discussed here many times, and even a list of the codes.
But.....i can't find it...

I have a full set of injectors from a 1993 F250 7.3idi, code E. Anybody know what this means ?

Are these the "better" ones ?

Hans13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard that BB's are the best and I've also heard that it doesn't make a difference. I believe BB was the factory turbo(?).

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno,

I replaced the injectors in my brother-in-law truck a few years ago, these are the ones i pulled out.
Looked like the factory injectors, came out of a 1993 7.3 idi non turbo

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stanadyne code e is what came oem in your '93 idi n/a
stanadyne g codes came oem in the '93 factory turbo trucks

whats "best" (including aftermarket if you prefer) is whichever new set you install in place of 20 year old worn out ones.LOL

Attachments

• turbo ip-g codes.JPG
    turbo ip-g codes.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 74

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
BB codes are the better injector to run turbo or not. I ran G codes in my built engine and they did not run well. I had less than 5000 miles on the last set when I installed Bb codes. It was a nite and day difference. Many will agree with the Bb codes being the best money can buy. Others wont. Buy new injectors od personally know who rebuilt your injectors. Buying from the lowest ebay seller is going to put you on the porch when they crap out on you shortly after the install.

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, i was just wondering
I've heard that BB injectors are the best, but i hadn't heard anything about E coded injectors

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran G codes in my built engine and they did not run well. I had less than 5000 miles on the last set when I installed Bb codes. It was a nite and day difference.

but ask yourself this Gary; which is more likely to be the case?
a.that all 1993 and 1994 factory turbocharged idi trucks that rolled off the assembly line didn't run very well due to poor fuel injectors or;
b.you happened to buy a bad batch of fuel injectors of the same code?

if you really feel it's a.then why were there no reported problems back in the day when the trucks rolled off the lots? and why do some of us running g codes experience no such issues either right?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I don't recall where I got my G codes but.. I ran they for years on my rig. I had a shop install the first set because I felt I could not do it. They replaced the original injectors because the truck had 34,000 miles on it when I purchased it in 04. I was able to install the next 2 sets. They were new injectors. They were ok and I felt they were fine.. Till I tried a set of BB codes. Thats when I saw and felt the huge power increase and mileage increase. I have no doubt these G code injectors were not defective. People get the misconception that G codes are a turbo only injector. Thats not so. they will run in any idi. They were designed for the turbo engine. Many of us feel they were designed for the turbo because they engines could not pass emissions that year even with more air forced into the cylinders. So an emissions type injector was made especially for the turbo engines. The G codes have a much different pintle and they have a higher pop pressure. Its 2200 or 2300 lbs. I have posted videos of what the BB and G code pintales looks like. Just search for it on this site

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to chime in here, I am beginning to think, after much handle pumping of the tester, that pressure makes the biggest difference.
I have been checking / setting many new and used and reman sets and the pressure makes a pretty significant change in the pattern. Some of the "reman" sets I have received from folks have been the same code body with 3 or 4 different tips in them, nice yes?
We are pretty much down to Delphi BB codes when available. D codes from Stanadyne. And I just picked up a bunch random Ford remans with different codes , but all the same tip numbers so Im curious to see the pop on those.

Any input from Mel is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point on the remans... the codes stamped on the body usually mean nothing.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...-Code-Comparison&highlight=injector+breakdown
searching does take fuel out of ya!

as soon as the IRS releases my cash, im going to buy a new bull moose.
since im replacing my leaky IP, im going ahead and re-doing my entire fuel system.
im torn on what injectors to get.
i can get a new set of stanadynes, or do i go with the misters?
i need to talk to the moose king, but not until im ready to place an order
the difference is about 300 dollars, but that does not bother me.
i just want my truck to run hard, and have it all work together.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online