I'm winning this please don't bid!!!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a non wastegated turbo anyway? I was under the impression that they were the square box like mine. That kit is slightly different from the one I have. I have a feeling whoever gets it will need a new downpipe(or upipe whichever one it is thats busted) and a new crossover pipe. I don't know if ATS still has the crossover by itself or if it could be made.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
The crossover can be made at any good exhaust shop.
The exhaust housing is BAD, gonna be a difficult item.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about who else is bidding. IDI turbos are hot items, I had seen the listing before it was posted here.

I have no doubt that that setup will go for more than it's worth (eBay is great for getting rid of junk).

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that went for more than I thought it was worth. I figured about $350 plus shipping. After all you are looking at hundreds of dollars to complete the system plus the cast iron repair.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the competitive thing in us at work over at ebay I think. Like you'll pay way more for something than you really wanted to just to beat out the other guy or gal. But it hurts you as a buyer but helps as a seller...so if you are both it probably about balances out.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you. I was actually puting in a bid of $500, the auction ended before I finished sniping.

Even though I knew it was more worthwhile to spend more money for a wastegated system (which is really what I need on a truck that weighs 12K empty).

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why? I would imagine you're standing on it at the factory redline all day since IHC redlines these motors at 2800, but flows more fuel at the same RPM. Seems the non gated system would build plenty of boost there? Maybe you mostly just use it around town? In that case I agree the wastegated system suits your needs better.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even though I knew it was more worthwhile to spend more money for a wastegated system (which is really what I need on a truck that weighs 12K empty).
ya know....hypermax has a complete kit for the S-series trucks. You might want to seriously consider it before it's discontinued.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why? I would imagine you're standing on it at the factory redline all day since IHC redlines these motors at 2800, but flows more fuel at the same RPM. Seems the non gated system would build plenty of boost there? Maybe you mostly just use it around town? In that case I agree the wastegated system suits your needs better.

Rev limiter is at 66 mph. Ohio state speed limit for trucks is 55 mph except for the turnpike which is 65.

My problem is that I have to run full throttle to get the truck up to speed. And forget about accelerating uphill loaded. I'm wasting fuel trying to run without a turbo.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya know....hypermax has a complete kit for the S-series trucks. You might want to seriously consider it before it's discontinued.

My problem is that if I buy a "new" kit for 2K, I'd almost be ahead to sell this truck and buy one with a turbo diesel. I'm trying to be careful to not put more money into the truck than it's worth since it's older.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online