Im so tired of.....

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other diesel trucks (especially cummins) driving by then blowing smoke all over intentionally in my path. I need to turn my fuel up or something so I can do it right back. That's how often it happens and it can get old real quick!

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Yeah it sucks. Be the bigger man though, don't turn your fuel up just to smoke back. you will never smoke as bad as a cummins will. they would just laugh at you and smoke you more. show them that it is possible for a diesel to burn clean.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot of that in colorado. Dumb morons driving around in dodges that are about to be repo'd cause they are broke as a joke. But they dont care cause they managed to destroy a 4-5 year old truck and make it look like its 20 years old. I would pay them no mind, so annoying and low on the list of **** that matters that even typing this reply gives them to much credit.

Most annoying part is these are the ****heads who are going to turn my county into an emissions county.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Just get in front of them and block traffic so they can't pass you on the road. When some jack moron tailgates me on any road be it 25 or 85 mph I "fix it" so they are blocked in and can't get around me. Sometimes I even slide over making it look like they can sneak between me and the other car or truck. Then I close it up.. I'm giving them hope... Yeah.. Thats it....:sly:angel:

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The clowns stopped doing that about 5 yrs ago here. Bout the same time the state started smog checking diesels and looking for removed particle filters, illegal tuners and put out a phone number to call to report smoking trucks.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Yeah, new generation diesel heads. When I see an older diesel on the road, especially an N/A that doesn't smoke much; I tip my hat to the driver as he has learned how to properly drive a diesel and knows how to keep em running as clean as possible.

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those guys who smoke innocent bystanders are the ones who will make it impossible for us to drive our old diesel trucks. I see a time in the distant future when petroleum burning vehicles will have to have a sort of red sticker driving privilege (like 2 stroke dirt bikes). People will only be able to drive their "polluting" vehicles during certain times. It sucks, but look at the regulations coming. I'm thinking of going to look at a Nissan Leaf tommorow...Just Kidding!! I would rather drive my smoking lawn mower to work. At least it's engine makes noise. Clatter, Clatter, holy crap is that a rod knock!

Last edited:

heff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this used to be a problem here, but now the fuzz has started issuing "excessive smoke" tickets.
some goober here in town has a flat bed idi...black smoke rolls out of his stacks at idle, can't be good
for it. i smoke, but only at full throttle under load. even then i feel silly because it looks funny and
gets soot all over the ends of my bumper.
anyway, if someone is in a dodge and smoking you out they can't really be all that bright to begin with.
i bet they have their towing mirrors extended too. around here that's a symbol of fertility

Reaction score
Trying to fight back with more smoke is the diesel equivalent of putting a bigger, more obnoxious fart cannon on your ricer because some other guy had one louder than yours. At the end of the day, all you've done is add one more ****** to the road.

Mine smokes when I lug it (no wastegate, so easy to do), or when I'm heavy into the throttle but only near the governor. It also will puff a little when revved at a standstill. Not enough to smoke someone out, mind you, but enough to get the point across. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I don't intentionally throw some smoke every once in a while. Yes, I absolutely do. But it's usually only for one of two reasons. First reason is to let others on the road know what I think of their driving skill, or lack thereof. Tailgaters get a puff with a quick shift up to 5th and a buried throttle. Usually gets the point across. And if you're doing something stupid like driving 20 under and/or blocking the passing lane, it's just the byproduct of me romping it to get around you. The second reason is to rub it in to my buddy at work who desperately wants a diesel but is having one helluva time finding what he wants because he's so picky. We take mine to lunch every day, and he loves/hates it when he looks in the rear view and sees a little puff.

But this whole thing of getting into ******* matches with other diesels is dumb. These are the same guys that post those obnoxious videos on YouTube of guys driving around town and dousing innocent bystanders with plumes of black smoke, all the while laughing like a bunch of retarded monkeys. I cringe when I see 'em, much like I do when I see vids of squids on bikes doing stupid things because I know it's these guys, the minority, that make the public think so poorly of my hobby.

Mike

Edit - I should clarify that mine DID smoke, but seeing how I just got done dialing in the timing yesterday, perhaps that era is over. Won't know until I get her back on the road.

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only time I intentionally coal is when a bicyclist flips me off, we have them here on some of the worst narrow roads, so since I have wide mirrors, oh and that fertility thing was funny, but mine are 4 leg brace type, I toot the horn so they can suck it over a bit, most line up and wave a thank you, but tuesday this guy moves MORE into the lane and flips me off, 30 mph, shifted from 3rd to 5th and let him have it, at least NOW he has a reason to give me the high sign.
Otherwise yes we need to police our soot. The regs are only going to get worse.:mad:

Oh and he had, and I mean had, on a white outfit, whatever those idiots wear.:dunno

Bashby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad told me a funny bicyclist story the other day. He was pulling the aluminum stock trailer down a narrow road and passe some cyclists. He wasn't giving them any extra room. The trailer hit a bump and all the gates and stuff in it made a LOUD banging. Looked in the mirror and the bikes are going out through the field, one or 2 of them crashed. There is a bike path that parrallels that road.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed once i took the stacks off my truck that it came with, none of the *** stain crowd paid me any attention. Plus my front badge is missing so there isn't any indication that i drive a diesel.

/I prefer to fly under the radar.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Blowing smoke is the closest thing to getting it up that some men will ever experience.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to fight back with more smoke is the diesel equivalent of putting a bigger, more obnoxious fart cannon on your ricer because some other guy had one louder than yours. At the end of the day, all you've done is add one more ****** to the road.

Mine smokes when I lug it (no wastegate, so easy to do), or when I'm heavy into the throttle but only near the governor. It also will puff a little when revved at a standstill. Not enough to smoke someone out, mind you, but enough to get the point across. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I don't intentionally throw some smoke every once in a while. Yes, I absolutely do. But it's usually only for one of two reasons. First reason is to let others on the road know what I think of their driving skill, or lack thereof. Tailgaters get a puff with a quick shift up to 5th and a buried throttle. Usually gets the point across. And if you're doing something stupid like driving 20 under and/or blocking the passing lane, it's just the byproduct of me romping it to get around you. The second reason is to rub it in to my buddy at work who desperately wants a diesel but is having one helluva time finding what he wants because he's so picky. We take mine to lunch every day, and he loves/hates it when he looks in the rear view and sees a little puff.

But this whole thing of getting into ******* matches with other diesels is dumb. These are the same guys that post those obnoxious videos on YouTube of guys driving around town and dousing innocent bystanders with plumes of black smoke, all the while laughing like a bunch of retarded monkeys. I cringe when I see 'em, much like I do when I see vids of squids on bikes doing stupid things because I know it's these guys, the minority, that make the public think so poorly of my hobby.

Mike

Edit - I should clarify that mine DID smoke, but seeing how I just got done dialing in the timing yesterday, perhaps that era is over. Won't know until I get her back on the road.
you forgot to mention the nasty grade on I15 nb when you are leaving town. that grade will get a diesel to smoke when it's in the wrong gear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online