IDI get together in the MidWest!!!

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright... So lets make this happen.
The next question/s are this:
1. How quickly would we like to have this? I personally am looking at the next 2 months, springtime and on gets downright crazy for me.

2. Do we want to have a family-friendly atmosphere with activities for the wives and children, or do we just want to find someone with a BIG WARM machine shed where we can hang out and tinker with everyone's truck? Afterward we could all go out to dinner, or we could grill right there?

3. If we are going to do this I think a main draw will be a timing clinic. Does anyone that might come so far have timing equipment? I was thinking that 6 Nebraska IDI's had a setup, someone else might??? Just trying to figure things out.

Just so everyone knows THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN, I just want to get some group ideas so as to better cater to the desires of the group.

1. March/April would be better. Less chance of Ice.

2. Depends. If it's an overnight thing or not. If overnight event, I'd say plan on making it family friendly. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it.

3. All depends on how much time there is.

liddledoggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when schools out would allow members with familys to drive farther and stay longer. it would also be better weather for camping and working on trucks. joe

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would make it family friendly in someones machine shed haha. I think my truck needs timed horribly bad

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Family friendly is a good thing because let's face it - when someone tells their wife they are going away for the weekend to play with guys that are serious about their old clunker truck that the wife already has a sore spot about - well the wifey isn't going to be too keen on that if she ain't getting something out of the deal.... so when we come to our respective mates and say "hey there is a gathering of FAMILIES concerning that old clunker as you call it - can I, errr I mean we go? They are family friendly" is going to go over so much easier.... Then once they get there and actually meet other wives and the make friends then the kids are friends with each other - now you have a second problem... they are gonna want to go back and you will find that after that sometimes the family is pushing to go the following year harder than you.....

trust me seen it before.... first time around you drag the family kicking and screaming... then on the drive home they are already planning on the next meeting the following year.... That is how the Famed IDI Weekend got started....

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
because my son at every meet we attend the first words out of his mouth are "Is Mikey going to be there?" that is Gruss's son.... Them two boys are typically stuck together like glue when they are both there...

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Hmm, Missouri is quite a ways out of the midwest me thinks. Closer to the Dakotas would be better. ;Really LOL

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave you need to find some more Dakota people to make a gathering. I would love to go to one of these events but they are always just out of reach or not at a good time for me. One of these days..

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Dave you need to find some more Dakota people to make a gathering. I would love to go to one of these events but they are always just out of reach or not at a good time for me. One of these days..

That is a good idea! Not entirely sure where we would even get together out here though...

On second though, we could tempt the East Coasters into a trip to Mount Rushmore! LOL

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I have a 1480 timing meter with a new Ferret pulse adapter. I also have a complete Rotunda tool set, comes in handy like no other when working on these trucks. This being the closest rally that I've seen since I've been a member it would be likely we'd bring more than one truck. I'm hoping to have my brown truck back up and running in the next couple of weeks and so most likely it will be there along with atleast one other truck.

I will say that as of right now I will be going to California over spring break to pick up a 92 Dodge Cummins diesel truck for a friend of mine. If you're planning it during that time period I probably wont be able to come, but don't plan it around my schedule, just letting you know.

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on when/where I could try to make it depending on my work and wifes work.

mudduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i might be in depending on the location . im gonna try to make it back to the miobi offroad park in hamilton ia this summer and should have both idi rigs up and goin one streetable and one not . if the get together wasn't too far out of the way i would definitly show up

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking maybe late Feb or early March would be a great time to have a Friday evening through Sat evening (or just Sat) gathering. If that works out then we could shoot to have one in the late summer or early fall as well. I would love to get together every 3 or 4 months for those able to, just like a diesel truck car club!