IDI 1 Powerstroke 0

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In yet another demonstration of why I have 6 IDI's on premise, and only 1 PSD, the Moose Wagon has failed yet again to complete it's mission without discourse. I'm leaving at 6:00am to go to work. I get about 3 miles from home, and the engine just shuts off in an obvious electrical malfunction. I could tell it wasn't fuel, because the truck has already left me sit because of a fuel problem. :rolleyes: One of the first things I did when I got this PSD, was to get a spare camshaft position sensor, having read all the threads that said "you need to carry one of these". It was in the glove box. Unfortunately the 10mm socket, extension, and handle to change it were not. Nor was the change of clothes, hand washing stuff, etc. So.... I took the easiest route, and called Matthias to come and tow me with the Night Moose, back to the house. Well, I was down at the bottom of a really big hill. There were 3 ways we could take, all of which were uphill. 2 paved (and busy) and 1 dirt. We chose the dirt route, because it was a more gradual climb, and didn't think we would have to dodge any traffic. Matthias hitched up to me, and towed me backwards most of the way. About half way up the hill, the 3200 pound Night Moose, just could not get the copious amounts of power available to the ground. He started slipping, and in a dramatic show of control, he managed to keep the things moving while eminating a slow squeel on the fine dirt road (I never thought it possible for tires to squeel on dirt, but I'm a believer now). Unfortunately, an Amish buggy came along in a narrow part of the road, and we lost too much momentum, and lost too much traction. We were not able to re-start, as the Night Moose was too light to move the ponderous 8000+ pound Excursion up the steep hill. Failing that, Matthias drove to a nearby farm and gained the aid of a John Deere 2040. Mr. Deere pulled me up the dirt road the rest of the way, at which point the Night Moose took over and completed the Journey back home. Here we are comming into Moose Valley.
You must be registered for see images

Once in the driveway, I located the CPS, replaced it, and was on my way to work again. I think it's time to put some tools in my newest Ford truck. Perhaps I should just remove them from the older ones. ;Really

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I have been in that boat. One rainy morning heading to the job site.The truck cut out and started again. Knowing the CMP is taking a dump, I pulled into a parking lot. That's when I realized my tool kit is home:***:. I had the sensor but no tools:eek:. Put out a distress call to be on a look out for a green SD. Coming in dead or alive. Drove it home grab my tools changed it out. 10 minutes later I was in buisness. Now I carry my tools. Never touched the sensor again.:D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it now has a gray one on, and there is a gray one in the glove box. I'm sure it will probably never been needed.... heck the first one went 166K miles which is pretty good I'd think. But I threw it in there for the warm fuzzies, and I might be able to bail out somebody else with it someday.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where can I get more info on that '94 effie, I am planning a similar swap. What was involved with it?

Just do a search on the Night Moose

And there are pics in the album link in my sig.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Yeah it now has a gray one on, and there is a gray one in the glove box. I'm sure it will probably never been needed.... heck the first one went 166K miles which is pretty good I'd think. But I threw it in there for the warm fuzzies, and I might be able to bail out somebody else with it someday.

I Have a gray one in the glove box. I should have grabbed a black one, but I slacked. I will find one someday.LOL