I Need a Wiring Diagram for my 90

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP I Need a Wiring Diagram for my 90

I Need a Wiring Diagram for my 90. Anybody have one? I'm amazed at the amount of wiring there is under the hood for a truck that takes one wire to fire. The Fusible Links behind my Battery on the Right are toasted and I need to cure them for good. I touched them and they crumbled. If I could reference a color coded wiring diagram I would be in high cotton.
I also need to know what goes where on the fender well Solenoid Switch in the same general location. I took the wires off the Solenoid when I pulled the front clip to R&R the engine two weeks ago and have since have forgotten the arrangement. I just can't trust my memory anymore. It's getting too crowded in there.
A picture of the solenoid would work for a start.
Also is there a decent workaround for the Fusible Links? Left to my own devices I would ditch them out and use Circuit Breakers.

Last edited:

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody?
I need to determine if I have the Fender mounted Solenoid wired correctly. Right now I have all the Fuseable Links, the Battery feed, The Alternator output & Voltage sense wire to one 5/16" ring stud and only the Starter Solenoid trigger wire to the other 5/16" ring stud.
Can anybody verify if this is correct.
I am getting intermittent Battery Warning Light displays and starting issues.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id go take a pic but its pouring out so maybe later but iirc small 90 boot goes to small terminal and power to starter goes to the right leaning over the fender and everything else goes to left

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id go take a pic but its pouring out so maybe later but iirc small 90 boot goes to small terminal and power to starter goes to the right leaning over the fender and everything else goes to left

Yeah, that's the way it seems it should be and the way I've got it wired now but I just need to be sure before tearing into it further.

A_G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did your fusable links look liek this?
You must be registered for see images attach

If so...thats your power to your GPC. i just had the same problem, touched it arching and crumbling

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very similar... Crispy Critters..
As an update... I came across an 88 and popped the hood and the wiring to the Fender Well Solenoid was as I have it.. all but the Starter Solenoid trigger wire to one side and the Starter Solenoid trigger wire to the other.
Thanks...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schematics for an 86' are in my Moosestang album. But you will find there are slight variations, while much of it stayed the same. It MAY be of some help.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
The biggest culprit in the glow plug syatem was the large connector on the pass fender wall near the valve cover connecting the engine harness to power.I used an industrial plug with * prongs. Problem solved (remember the dialectric grease )its the best way to prevent corroded connectors.