i need a new down pipe for a 94 idi

F-SERI-ouS

Reaction score
so the down pipe on my 94 idi is done, its got some holes in it that make it not worth patching up. I have tried to fine another down pipe for it in junk yards and on ebay with no luck, I do however keep finding down pipes for the powerstroke 7.3s, and to me they look like the idi down pipe. my truck has the factory ford turbo, or ats as some tell me. my question is whether or not any of you here have upgraded your down pipes?? if so, with what part? can you send me your old one if its in good shape?? if not, will the downpipe from a powerstroke work on my idi?

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Banks made a dow pipe for the factory ford/ats turbo. They might still sell it.

Otherwise you can use an aftermarket powerstroke down pipe but you need to make it work with the turbo. I personally would modify the turbo exhaust housing to take a 3" band clamp. Could maybe adapt the powerstroke down pipe to the turbos 2.25" band clamp. But truthfully going to 3" is worth it.

Last edited:

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Summit Racing Part Number:GBE-52103 $92.16 Banks down pipe for turbo idi

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never dealing with banks, i have a ATS 093 with a wastegate, and which is of OEM decent, with a v-band down clamp.
i welded the 2.5" v baqnd flange, i think it was, to some 3" mandrel bends to give me my down pipe.
altho its in a brick nose, it works quite well with 4.5" exhaust.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
remember the 93-94 stock turbos have a different flange size than any of the PSD flanges.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Link is broken. He has a new site up and running now.
I guess it comes down to which turbo he has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.idiperformance.com/store/p36/93/94_Factory_Turbo_IDIT_3"_Downpipe_upgrade.html

This is what R&D sells. It comes with a modified Exhaust housing outlet and the modified powerstroke downpipe. You'd also need the lower downpipe which he sells also for 55 bucks.

I myself bought a Diamand eye turbo back Power stroke exhaust kit and welded in the new v-band at the exhaust housing and downpipe myself. Not overly hard, but does take some effort.

the Banks downpipe posted earlier would be the cheapest and least effort replacement route.

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Link is broken. He has a new site up and running now.
I guess it comes down to which turbo he has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well, it was current when I posted it!

http://www.idiperformance.com/store/p36/93/94_Factory_Turbo_IDIT_3"_Downpipe_upgrade.html

This is what R&D sells. It comes with a modified Exhaust housing outlet and the modified powerstroke downpipe. You'd also need the lower downpipe which he sells also for 55 bucks.

I myself bought a Diamand eye turbo back Power stroke exhaust kit and welded in the new v-band at the exhaust housing and downpipe myself. Not overly hard, but does take some effort.

the Banks downpipe posted earlier would be the cheapest and least effort replacement route.

What do you do for the rest of the exhaust with the Banks upper downpipe?

Eli

F-SERI-ouS

Reaction score
http://idiperformance.com/93-94 Factory Downpipe Upgrade.php
I have no comment on this, but it's an option. Uses the Diamond Eye OBS PSD turbo-back kit on the factory IDI Turbo.

Eli

ok, so after making a bunch of calls to summit, diamond eye, browsing ebay some more, talking to justin at IDI PERFORMANCE, and having to rewire the glow plug harness on my engine, i finally decided to just pay the 265 for the upgraded down pipe that R&D sells.

i debated for a few days whether or not i wanted to do as JUNK did with his exhaust, and cut/reweld a 3'' v-band clamp and modify the exhaust housing accordingly, but after having to re-wire my engine harness on the engine/truck, i ran out of time for the other mods, and then talking with Justin, he said that they mock/install all their parts on an idi vehicle before it ships, to ensure fitment/clearance. so i figured, what the heck, its will be ready to bolt in, and i can work on other stuff.

needless to say, i keep learning from all you guys on here, and i want to thank you guys on your input so far. also, if any of you care, i have a '94 f-350, cc, lb, 4x4, srw, with the zf-5 that was n/a, and i found a good running '94 idi with a turbo that i am trying to put into the truck, so i have been figuring out that a lot of things changed from the n/a to the turbo, like the fuel return lines, the glow glow plug harness, and a few sensor locations. ill try to get some pictures up for you guys when i can figure out how to make my camera talk to my wife's facist computer.

F-SERI-ouS

Reaction score
never dealing with banks, i have a ATS 093 with a wastegate, and which is of OEM decent, with a v-band down clamp.
i welded the 2.5" v baqnd flange, i think it was, to some 3" mandrel bends to give me my down pipe.
altho its in a brick nose, it works quite well with 4.5" exhaust.

why won't you deal with banks?? did they **** you off??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin