I hit a deer

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
Saturday night, i was coming home after putting a backing plate on my truck. It was about 10:30 or so, and i was like im gonna test these brakes. So i put her to the floor and im running about 75 or so, and a deer wanders on to the road. I move over some still on the gas, he takes one step toward my truck and then I hear Bang Thump Thump. So i stop (brakes work decent btw, probably need bled more) turn around to drag the deer out of the road (or put it in the back of the truck if it isnt too messed up) i Get the bright idea to see how much damage was done to the truck.....I look at it and i seen none. Then i look at the deer, it looked like i just caught its skull with the bumper and two tires.

Cliffs: I hit a deer and had no damage to the truck.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what ever happened to the deer? You didn't finish the story. Did you drag it off the road or put it in the truck?

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I tagged one with my non-turbo truck just a couple of weeks before I sold it. Head & shoulder right into th bumper. Put a little crack in the headlight bezel on that side and bent the bumper back about 1/2" right at the end - maybe a little less.

Knocked the deer about 20 feet down the road. It got up after a few seconds and ran off though, so no meat for my freezer :(

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Saturday night, i was coming home after putting a backing plate on my truck. It was about 10:30 or so, and i was like im gonna test these brakes. So i put her to the floor and im running about 75 or so, and a deer wanders on to the road. I move over some still on the gas, he takes one step toward my truck and then I hear Bang Thump Thump. So i stop (brakes work decent btw, probably need bled more) turn around to drag the deer out of the road (or put it in the back of the truck if it isnt too messed up) i Get the bright idea to see how much damage was done to the truck.....I look at it and i seen none. Then i look at the deer, it looked like i just caught its skull with the bumper and two tires.

Cliffs: I hit a deer and had no damage to the truck.

Sweet, Sounds like a sucessful brake check! Gotta like the no damage part :thumbsup:

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
After hunting for a number of years, I finally managed to kill a true "wall hanger" - - - - with a damned FORERUNNER!!!!
$2500 in body damage (15 years ago) and I just couldn't bring myself to mount roadkill.
Congrats on the venison, & I'm glad you had no damage,

Chuck

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After hunting for a number of years, I finally managed to kill a true "wall hanger" - - - - with a damned FORERUNNER!!!!
$2500 in body damage (15 years ago) and I just couldn't bring myself to mount roadkill.
Congrats on the venison, & I'm glad you had no damage,

Chuck

Toyota's are the best, most accurate hunting trucks. Don't know why that's the case just that the Toyota drivers I know hit more than their fair share of deer. Unfortunately they are kind of disposable when used this way.

SuperDuty335

Reaction score
Actually, Toyota Corollas are the best weapon against deer, old pieces of tire flying off big rigs, grocery carts, and people who don't look when they merge into a different lane....and it gets 31mpg. However it just cost me a $1000 tranny rebuild:mad:

:peelout

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've hurt pretty bad two Suburbans and one Buick over the years from deer. Those darned animals are "protected" by the state watershed property next to my parent's house-cuss It is an absolute miracle that there aren't more deer strikes on Int280 @ CA92. The deer have no natural enemies other than cars in that neck of the woods.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is an absolute miracle that there aren't more deer strikes on Int280 @ CA92. The deer have no natural enemies other than cars in that neck of the woods.
+1 to that...I was on the 280 just north of the 92 about a month ago, around midnight, taking a client home from SFO, and came across two deer wandering around...right in the middle of the freeway cookoo Fortunately, none of them were in my lane...there was just enough traffic that I couldn't have the high-beams on, so I didn't see them until it was almost too late...

Completely fearless...I suppose it could be worse, though; I saw two coyotes a couple of nights ago...in a suburban area...

rubberfish

Reaction score
I suppose it could be worse, though; I saw two coyotes a couple of nights ago...in a suburban area...
I got tons of them for ya.
Pretty much see and hear them every day.
And they do no damage to the truck. :thumbsup:
After you've hit two or three it becomes a sport. ;)