I hit a deer

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
It is an absolute miracle that there aren't more deer strikes on Int280 @ CA92. The deer have no natural enemies other than cars in that neck of the woods.

I've got a buddy who has taken out 3 with his motorcycles on Highway 9 and Skyline areas. Seems like regular occurance up there!

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last animal hit near my house was a bear. About 2 weeks ago. My neighbor sighting his gun in has scared off all the deer. This bear has been hanging around since August. Never gets in the trash however. But now it's running around injured and that concerns me. What's he going to eat if he can't hunt properly. I was in Houston so I don't know all the details. I imagine the car/truck was hurt some.

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
coyote problem?
Fix it with bacon sponges.
Cut up some large sponges into soup can size, soak with bacon grease and compress into small ball shape. Throw out where they live and keep away from domesticated dogs. They will eat it, but can't digest it. Works quite well.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I love my town. 3k people. Pretty rural, with an urban touch. Driving home from work the other night i almost hit a deer in the middle of town. Right on main street. Oh it was good fun.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a buddy who has taken out 3 with his motorcycles on Highway 9 and Skyline areas. Seems like regular occurance up there!
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest! I'm reminded of the motorcycle that wiped out right in front of me on Highway 9 just east of Skyline. Fortunately, I was going slow (he was passing me and veered too far to the right after he got in front of me), but even still, evasion-maneuvering in a 6-pax stretch limo is an exciting prospect on the best of days :shocked:

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I love my town. 3k people. Pretty rural, with an urban touch. Driving home from work the other night i almost hit a deer in the middle of town. Right on main street. Oh it was good fun.

I hit one right in the middle of Eastland Tx one morning about one thirty. I worked overnights at the time and was on my night off, but was going in to get my check. Any way I was kind of tired from being up all day and I yawned. My wife was with me, and she hollers, "There's a deer!". I knew it was close by the tone of here voice so I just stomped the brakes. Too late. We were in a 99 ranger. It bent the bumper, took out the grille, and dented the hood where his head hit it. I was only going about 40 in the 45 zone at the time. I cussed a blue streak! Killed the buck. He was tasty. It was right on Main St.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I missed hitting one by the skin of my teeth in my old 89 ranger. I was pulling my jonboat at 65 on the highway...not paying real close attention. I braked fast but melted my brake caliper. It was a 50 mile tow back to town...thank goodness for AAA and my parents in that situation! My grandparents took out a bear in rural eastern North Carolina back in the early 80s. The bear got the worst end of it in their Oldsmobile Diesel Delta 88. That cars was a tank!!