I am not going to give up!! I will not!!

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Ok, i got a call from the shop to day about the donor motor heads......
hair line cracks in the intake seats? and with it being an 85 model the shop is afraid to bore them out because of the last ones that bored into the water jacket? should i seek a second?? :backoff :confused: :confused:

walkerkd

Reaction score
isnt that pretty comon issue and in the valve seats.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I don't know what you are paying for the heads or machine work, much less what your time is worth but Clearwater cylinderheads have reman heads for $285 a side w/ a warranty.

Poke here
Search for Clearwater on Evilbay also.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Aren't the valve seats replaceable?

he said if if was exhaust side it would be ok, but the early castings have a thin water jacket near the intake valve? the last set i took him he cut into the jacket and ruined the head? i've no knowledge of this so i have to belive him? will a hairline crack get bigger?
so far i owe him about 50 to 75 for just checking them out (3 sets of heads)
there is a shop about 45min to an hour away that is well known for welding heads and machine work, i just don't have a truck to carry my stuff to him?

I will not give up!! :backoff

SKimballC

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree, I think this shop your dealing with isn't getting you anywhere. And you obviously need a truck again.

walkerkd

Reaction score
got that same truck but its an 84 well we have 2 one white with brown top and the other identical.. how cool is that. both 4x4

yea the other day i started calling around trying to find stuff to redo the interior and add bucket seats to the front. figure i may trade it in on a new truck.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
apextrans said:
Not to get off topic, but that is a sweet truck. I can't believe someone here hasn't scooped it yet.
;Sweet

I was ready to buy the plane ticket until the boss said she would pack a bomb in my bags if i tried to buy that truck until i pay off her truck and get mine fixed. -cuss less than a year on the pay off and who knows when i'll get my truck fixed? :puke:

walkerkd

Reaction score
yea thats how it always works out.... i found fenders and a bed yesterday so i can get her into paint.