hypermax install?

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
Ordered my turbo, Just wondering if anyone has any advice on the install? Would realy like to get this in this saturday!!

I already checked out mels article :thumbsup: Good info there. Just seeing if there is any quarks that the rest of you have ran into.

Also any advice on fueling.

Thanks,Matt

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I used Mel's hypermax manual for mine :hail , but i can tell you wath i did to get space between the firewall and the tranny the Exekiel's mod :Sly instead of a prybar i used a small car jack like one of those you screw both ends and it gets higher. I got more than enough space for the downpipe in less than 20 minutes the rest of the install depends some times on your ability to get around the engine, i'm not too tall so i got it installed in less than 8 hours, also to avoid puting your wheight on the return lines and everyting else you can put a 2x10 on top of the fenders and a nice pillow on top of it so you can rest your chest on it, if you did not tried it yet believe me you'll like it :D .

Regards, Exekiel.

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
Exekiel69 said:
I used Mel's hypermax manual for mine :hail , but i can tell you wath i did to get space between the firewall and the tranny the Exekiel's mod :Sly instead of a prybar i used a small car jack like one of those you screw both ends and it gets higher. I got more than enough space for the downpipe in less than 20 minutes the rest of the install depends some times on your ability to get around the engine, i'm not too tall so i got it installed in less than 8 hours, also to avoid puting your wheight on the return lines and everyting else you can put a 2x10 on top of the fenders and a nice pillow on top of it so you can rest your chest on it, if you did not tried it yet believe me you'll like it :D .

Regards, Exekiel.

Ok sounds good i might try the jack thing while im waiting on the turbo.

As for height im like 6'3" so i havent had much trouble reaching for stuff. ;p

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
If you have a big digging bar, that works well too. Just make some cuts with the tool of choice the pry back on the bar and Wa La. PLENTY of leverage.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
JPR said:
To go with Exekiel comment, disconnect the throttle cable and leave it disconnected from the ip until last. If you have it connected and put some weight on it the red plastic sleeve will break.

I can verify the truth of that statement. Broke mine all to chit. If you forget to disconnect it & that happens to you, just put some washers behind the bracket bolted to the front of the intake. It will take up the slack in the cable enough to keep the two pieces in line so you don't snap the cable when you :peelout. Not a permanent fix, but it will hold ya over till the bruising & tenderness in your chest go away from the turbo install LOL . I've had mine like that for 2 months now. The bruises are just about gone too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online