Huge 6.9 Problems

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Well, glad someone who will appreciate the truck got it, Scotty. Once you get settled and things settle down you can start looking for your dream rig! Do you think you can find any guys to help out with that? :D Like Okie said, God does take care of us. Good luck with the move and all. You know you have help all across the country if you need it. ;Sweet

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
scotty

I'm more of a lurker here than over at the "other" site, but I've been watching this all go down...

Glad to see it's all working out for you. I'm sure we'll hearfrom/see you in the future...

The Lord works in mysterious ways...

We'll miss you...

Zigg :)

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
beretzs said:
and just driving mine around a little he is all smile by the difference in power, and he loves to hear that turbo screaming. Anyhow, thanks guys. Scotty

What the hell are you trying to do to me? It was punishment enough to not be able to pull this off & now you feel the need to rub my face in it? LOL

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something fishy is up with that block...cracked blocks was never a main problem of the 6.9 except the pre 85 casting around the freeze plug/block heater. If it cracked, it's either seen some real abuse or a rare 6.9 victim of cavitation like Ken said or you were just really unlucky and got one that was a bad block. Iw ouldn't sell it for scrap until it was pressure checked adn magnafluxed(block, not just heads). Glad you got what it's really worth. And I think your cousin will love it.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cousin just bought a brand new engine for the truck today! He is all over it. I think he bought it from Ford for 3K. Not a bad deal. I told him he is all set and within a few eeks he will have the truck on his doorstep. We have not figured out a transporter yet. I told him to put the studs from my engine in his new engine, bolt everything back up and drop it in. Should be like a new truck for him. Scotty

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Now how did Ford come up with a new motor? When you say he bought a complete new motor from Ford, to me this sounds great. I had to go offshore just to find new heads for my 7.3 and that took some footwork. New blocks just are not common things to find. Neither are cranks or rods. Try finding new idi turbo rods.... LOL Glad to hear the repair is working out well. Please.... When the old motor comes apart let us know why this happened. Plenty of interest here....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7