How much smoke is "normal"?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
In your previous post, you said that you moved the pump towards the driver's side. This is retarding the timing.

Guffey6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, was having this same "chatter" but much worse and absolutely no power. I just moved it back towards the passegers side. To advance it, right?

Guffey6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shows like 7 posts of the same video for me. From my cheap phone speaker it sounds decent

Yeah lol wouldn't upload until I realized it was set to private so you got the same video.

It's much louder than it was 1/16th ago.

Guffey6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's normal, it's just the fuel being injected sooner than previously.
Could I just play with it from where I have it? Maybe 1/32 retarded to 1/16 more advanced to find a sweet spot?

The reason I am so skiddish about the noise is this is what it was doing when i lost power and barely made it home a few months back.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only way to get it timed correctly is with a timing meter, you can play with it and see what gets you the best performance

Guffey6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't find anywhere local that uses one. And I don't see where buying one would be cost effective. I do understand what you are saying completely though. Thank you for your help!

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, test it by driving it down the highway, accelerating from 1800-3K or so. See how it feels. The better it feels there, the better you have your 'overall' timing.

If it ends up 'off' at idle/low rpm, that's also adjustable separately with the light-load cam, but we don't need to go there yet.

Guffey6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, test it by driving it down the highway, accelerating from 1800-3K or so. See how it feels. The better it feels there, the better you have your 'overall' timing.

If it ends up 'off' at idle/low rpm, that's also adjustable separately with the light-load cam, but we don't need to go there yet.

I will play with it more tomorrow and post an update. Thank you!