How much oil is normal in intake

ClemsonIDI

Reaction score
I have a banks kit with the relocated cdr. It makes a real mess of my intake. Is that pretty normal, or should I replace it? For all I care I'd run a draft pipe, but people get upset when a work truck dripps oil on their driveway. I have to keep these leaks chased down :frustrate

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
I had a road draft tube because i didnt like the oil in the turbo. But i disliked choking on the blow by even more. Seems like no matter which way the wind blew, it was all in my face.
I have a new cdr valve on the way to see if that helps.
You can actually test the cdr valve. Stick a vacuum on the hose going into the intake, there should be a flow limiter and shut the air flow off if it gets too excessive.
Good luck!

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I would try replacing the CDR, I believe the recommend replacing them after 50k, so who knows how long it's been on there.

If that doesn't help, you can always build an oil catch can to help cut down on the oil in the intake tube, search the forum, there are a few good write ups on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimcaf12

Reaction score
I put a new cdr on mine also have the banks kit and it didn't make any difference,still draws oil, I did try the draft tube not thru the exhaust but just out to the atmosphere pushed quite a bit of smoke were people were pointing at it at stop lights so im just running it back thru,,looking for an answer also

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have the suction to the CDR coming from the front of the engine in place of the bolt cover for the IP, you shouldn't get hardly any oil suction, if it's from the valve cover, you should have a baffle under it.

You must be registered for see images attach

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
Woah! Is that the extend-a-lemon kit?? Lol

So. A guy could cap off the valve cover and run a road draft tube or new version of cdr off the timing cover?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some of that fiber mesh they use for house air filters and stuff it inside a 10" section of 4" PVC pipe, capped at both ends. Install an inlet, outlet on the sides, and a drain at the bottom.

You will be amazed at how much oil will get filtered out and drip down to your drain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online