How many of you guys

MYTRNx3

T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Reaction score
Going to school June 7th -- Graduating July 2nd --- then OTR in a 99 Freightliner...

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MYTRNx3
Going to school June 7th -- Graduating July 2nd --- then OTR in a 99 Freightliner...

You'd better stop by if your up in this neck of the woods.... :D

jjeepyjohn

Beer Kindasewer
Reaction score
Originally posted by MYTRNx3

OH NO.. another 3 week wonder...:eek: :D

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
3 week wonder?

Damn,.... you have to go to school to learn how to drive a truck? Oops I missed that one.....I skipped school.....Damn it.....I just went and took the test at the DMV and passed it...Wish I could have done that with real school...Hey MYTRNx3 does that frieghtshaker have training wheels on it?:D LOL ...Or does it just have a great big yellow sticker on the back that says...Woman Driver.....Oops...I mean Student Driver get out of the way....:D LOL ;p

jjeepyjohn

Beer Kindasewer
Reaction score
Re: 3 week wonder?

Originally posted by Strokin_A_Duramax
Damn,.... you have to go to school to learn how to drive a truck? Oops I missed that one.....I skipped school.....Damn it.....I just went and took the test at the DMV and passed it...Wish I could have done that with real school...Hey MYTRNx3 does that frieghtshaker have training wheels on it?:D LOL ...Or does it just have a great big yellow sticker on the back that says...Woman Driver.....Oops...I mean Student Driver get out of the way....:D LOL ;p

Hey you should be nice to the rookiesLOL ..I hope she has fun drivin that Shaker.I guess maybe all rookies start off in a Freightliner cuz they's cheeper to fix..After awhile you should try drivin a Pete or a KW and see what its like not having air blow thru the cab between the doors or squeeks and rattles,window water leaks cab leaks.etc..Maybe she'll want to buy my Pete:thumbsup: It will be for sale here shortly.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Count me in too. 2004 Peterbilt 379 - Car Carrier. C-15 Acert 550 (Junk), Eaton Fuller 13 speed, 3.36 rears, Big Stereo:yell:, TV. I used to drive fire equipment also. 1982 Seagrave Pumper open cab, 1992 Seagrave Pumper, & 2001 Seagrave 100' Aerial. The Firehouse motto was " Welcome to the GRAVEyard" Pretty morbid when you consider the line of work, huh?

Jjeepyjohn, are you kidding? My Pete squeaks, rattles & every other damn noise. It's still a baby (81,000) but will this stuff ever quiet down?. Ive stuffed more foam padding & shop rags between stuff in that truck & a new squeak pops up the next day:***: . These new Pete's aint' like the older ones, for DAMN sure.

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I drive big rigs everday. I drive them out of the shop every morning, and I drive them back in every night.LOL

The farthest I've had to go is down to the park, with a 53' flat, so they could use it as a concert stage.

I leave the driving to the pros, and they leave the wrenching to me. A lot less headaches that way. Nothing like a driver fixing lights. Twisted wires and 75 yards of elec tape. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.

Green Machine

Reaction score
Started out on a 68 mack 5/4 with a 250 cummings no power steering and super singles in the front.
Then to a 74 mack with a 8-v71T and a rr 13 sp. Then 88 359 all pimp all dump trucks (8-axle) then bought my own 86 W-900 18sp with a bc400 jacked up to 500 or so 4axle heavy haller. Then sold it and went to a 99 359 and pulled twin tanks for Cement. then got out while I could. I will be geting a Hobby truck (Old W-900L) with a cat when I retire! maby work 2-3 days a week and polish it the rest of the week. KOTMFs. My hats off to everyone that drives for a living you guys get-r-done everyday!!!

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Laugh?
Who can laugh?
I can barely see.

Guess it doesn't matter if the lights work, when the truck glows in the dark.:cool :***: is up with that color, man?:D

Talltimber

Reaction score
Big Rigs

Started hauling logs in the early 60's in an old Mack with a 6 cyc Mack and a tri-plex trans (the old timers will know what that is) Since then have hauled a little of everthing. Last load I hauled was 2 years ago is the one in the photo. You can't see the SX 45 Mack very well, but it is powered by a 16V71 Detroit, 6F/1R Allison, 250,000 Clark rearends (planataries)and weighs 90,000, it was pulling a 4 file/12 line (96 tires total) Goldhofer platform trailer. This load was one of the smaller loads hauled with that type of trailer, the largest being 3650 ton. The configuation for trailers for that load had 768 tires on the ground. Yea I drive em

Attachments

• gettin ready for the road.jpg
    gettin ready for the road.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 60