How many of you guys

BiigCheeze

Reaction score
Not real big. Just enough to do local deliveries. This picture was taken by me after I finished unloading at Arlington National Cemetery

Attachments

• picture 002_edited.jpg
    picture 002_edited.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 55

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
Well, I tried to get it as my avatar, but it does not show a "custom" avatar option.
I see you guys have your trucks shown. I guess I'm not worthy.....

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
Still have a Class A CDL with Doubles and triples but no Haz-Mat. Gonna start driving a bit again when i move. Mainly just hauling a dozer around.................

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Freightrain
Well, I tried to get it as my avatar, but it does not show a "custom" avatar option.
I see you guys have your trucks shown. I guess I'm not worthy.....

Freightrain,

You don't have a high enough post count yet to have a custom AVitar...

Some people go to the test area to run it up ... I think the magic number is around 20 or so... maybe 25... its been a while since I had to do it.

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
Ah-so....well I'll just have to work on that number...LOL!!!

(hmmm, this makes 9!!)....(make that 10 ;) )

SO....my big rig is now up for yu'all to see now...:yell:
Got my 40' Haulmark hooked up to it and ready for the weekend.
This was from last summer...I've added a few things to it since.
She's no longer a ONE stack Mack with a winder in the back :eek:
She's got TWO pipes now :moon: , and a second Bostrom seat inside. The air cleaner is getting painted as we speak....and the rest is yet to come.

I'm thinkin' a nice stainless visor would really make'r look fine. Need to do some measur'n and get something made up this summer.

Last edited:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Finally got the Digital camera all set up again. Here's what my wife calls the "other woman".:love: :love:

Attachments

• p3170017.jpg
    p3170017.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 29

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Originally posted by apextrans
Finally got the Digital camera all set up again. Here's what my wife calls the "other woman".:love: :love:

Now THAT'S a toy hauler!!!!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Yeah, it's got a case of the "overs" in that picture. Overweight, Overlength, & Overheight;p . At least I'm covering all the bases:shoot: :shoot:

Hey Swany, I notice that you & a bunch of other guys change your avatars pretty often. I keep trying to put a picture in there & no matter how small I make it, It still says it's to big. How do I get it the right size & where do you all find these cool avatars? Not trying to hijack the thread:sorry:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apextrans/scott-
you ever highcentered you fifth wheel plate? I've pulled many a transporter off high driveway approaches.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Originally posted by towcat
apextrans/scott-
you ever highcentered you fifth wheel plate? I've pulled many a transporter off high driveway approaches.

Towcat,

I've never highcentered it or had to be pulled off of anything. I specd the truck with an airlift system on the drives & trailer, so I can lift one or both about 61/2 inches above factory ride height. I do hear the bottom of the plate rub going in & out of alot of places........when I forget to lift it:eek: . The airlift is a lifesaver for me at least, the truck scales at 45,000 empty so I'm usually running around 80,000 - 83,000lbs & to make matters worse I'm running 255/70/22.5 on the drives & trailer!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by apextrans
Towcat,

I'm running 255/70/22.5 on the drives & trailer!!

ya.....I shortened it......

with that tire size.....you're a little heavy.:D CA don't like guys like you......they got the damn scales everywhere. At least you are hauling the Big O's. For five years I was hauling "pancakes"(smashed scrap cars). Everytime I hit the road, there was bound to have a nut, bolt or screw to fall off one of these cars and take out a windshield behind me. The power unit pulling 18tons of scrap? A 1959 Chev spartan 70. Ok. stop laughing guys. this damn thing was ten years older than me, couldn't get up to legal freeway speed for 10 mins, but made the run with little complaint. When i got my 7.3 IDI, the new truck felt like a rocketship.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Every truck I see from Cali. is all decked out. real pimp wagons, & you were running a 1959 model? That thing would be 18 years my senior:eek: At least you didn't have to worry about speeding tickets;p

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The old chevy was nothing short of ugly. :D My original business partner had two trucks the chev and a Intl 1600 two axle. The chev was a converted three axle. Even the indian bottom dump drivers would laugh at my truck. But that 348 gasser would do its job daily. When I bought my F450 carrier, that was the fastest and prettiest truck in the fleet. When the bottom fell out of the scrap metals market, I split off the towing part of the business and went on my own. I do miss those days tho....

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I was in the towing business as well. That's sorta what led me to car hauling. I kept reading articles in Tow Times about how great a spin off business it was. Turns out the 1 car hauler w/ me driving it made more money than 5 tow trucks w/ employees running them. Plus, no headaches from customers, employees, etc. Dollar for dollar, it was a better situation for me. I do miss the recovery work though. I used to hog that stuff up when it came along. My guys were;Pissed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7