how many miles does your idi have?

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess ill chime in and my dads the only owner of the truck but last I checked the odo it reads just shy of 725k miles...

thats not bad, my father bought the truck I have now new in '86 it was a green and tan regular cab single wheel f350 with the good ole 6.9, he drove it every day for about 22 years it had just over 780,000 on the origional driveline only one set of injectors and one injection pump along with one set of head gaskets, still ran good could have used more power for towing.

anyways we restored the whole truck into the one I have pictures of on here we put the 97 front clip on and made it a dually, i eventually put a 5 speed behind the 7.3idi it has now with a banks turbo runs and drives great!:peelout

ilm99cumminss

Reaction score
Yea mines had injectors pump and a tran. Heads have nver been off of it unless it was still coverd by warranty when they did the job

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought min in Aug 2003 with a tick or two less than 150,000, it now has 219,600 as my daily driver/tow vehicle/mobile office/work truck. I made some major screw ups due to inexperience but thanks to the rugged design and I truly believe some divine intervention, I haven't been able to kill it. Most of my mistakes were being young and arrogant and thinking I could source cheap parts for the fuel system and do work that was over my head at the time. I've learned when to pay for quality and when it really doesn't matter that much. Anyway because of aforementioned cheap parts replacing the IP turned into the job from hell pretty quick. I learned my lesson though, next time a local build....next one after that will be DPS or Moose. Otherwise, headgaskets (C6 tranny...yes I'm an idiot to kill that one...I take the blame for it.) quite a few injectors, and then just soft stuff like fuel hose and consumables like brakes, filters, oil. Oh and the lovely Modine radiator just recently cracked on me again. I'm happy to have this truck and it owes me nothing. A few minor fixes and I wouldn't hesistate to take it far. In a genuine emergency I would do so as it where is.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
318 000 MILES, or roughly 510 000 kilometers.

Serviuce records show that the rotating assembly was NEVER touched, head gaskets were NEVER done but it has had both exhaust manifolds replaced at one point.

I bought her with 460 000 kilometers on the clock (it was showing 360 000, but as we all know the odometers only go to 399 999.0 before rolling back to 300 000.0) which means that I put 50 000 kilometers on her.

Trans was original until the TC let go, so I swapped in a ZF with abou t270 000 MILES on it, still runs great!

I can't find any records of the pump being done, but I am SURE it has at one point or a couple points. Injectors were done about 60 000 miles ago, and I JUST done the caps and lines.

I can't wait to get the rebuiold done on the 94 IDI-T and see how long THAT lasts!!

Drseemore

Reaction score
I've just got a 1983 reg cab 6.9 f250 128,000 original .
Just put in new IP
Injectors , radiator water pump thermostat brakes all around new tires and rims . It's paid for and now realiabile 4speed t19 I'm excited

You must be registered for see images attach