How many lift pumps have you gone through?

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mont91 said:
Anybody here know if the LP on the FL70 is the same as Dodge pump. Our Freightliner school bus had its electric lift pump replaced under a recall. They sent a mechanic 100 miles one way to change it.

Yes, I bought two of these "campaign pumps" for $65/pump...they even include a LP fuel sensor and harness...but I think the campaign might be coming to an end...

I can get the part number from TDR if needed...

steved

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man does time fly when you're having fun. So I am guessing the campaign pump is improved over the original pump thus better than the pump Dodge is using? I would like the part number if it is still available. Any modifications needed to install this pump on a Dodge?

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm up to pump number 3 in and running... My third pump is a Cummins Campaign pump and so far it's holding up! ;Sweet

Crazy Horse

Reaction score
"How many lift pumps have you gone through"?

It only needed to take one lp failure for me with approx 35,000 miles on the ticker. It took out the VP-44 with it.

I now run a solid 15-18 psi at idle or WOT.

Attachments

• FP Idle.jpg
    FP Idle.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Looking Back.jpg
    Looking Back.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 14

Crazy Horse

Reaction score
Here's another shot, and prefilter that is used in addtion to the factory filter housing.

Attachments

• Walbro Done.jpg
    Walbro Done.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Walbro 392 Pre-Filter.jpg
    Walbro 392 Pre-Filter.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Mod.jpg
    Mod.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 10

Shaker

Shake-n-Bake
Reaction score
100,000 miles - 2 slowly died, replaced the last one in June '06. Upgrading the lines and moving the pump this weekend.

974x4PSD

Reaction score
First LP made it to 80k and killed my IP. I have a campaign pump now with 2k. It reads 14 psi @ idle 10psi WOT with the Quadzilla XZT on max. I don't know how it's going to handle the 90hp injectors, that are on their way. The campaign part number is 4090046.

Matt

john1

Reaction score
I am still on my first pump at 104 k. I do not no why one person gets years of service out of one , and others go thrugh 1 a year.It doesn"t
make sense to me.I still have stock fittings and lines . As of yesterday I had 7 psi at a idle. I figured I have been on borrowed time with this pump, but I all ways watch the fuel pressure.I just ordered a Big Dog Fuel System from
[URL="www.wideopendiesel.com[/URL].Jason answered all my questions.The Big Dog is based on the walbro 392.I will let all of you no how it works when it is installed.
john

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also found that what might be killing the OE lift pumps isn't the "lift" at all, but the fact there is no screen to prevent garbage from being pumped through the LP...

You should see the stuff I have drained out of my FASS. I have drained teaspoonfuls of sand out of my prefilter before...this can't be good for my OD filter.

steved

lazermule

Reaction score
Maybe a prefilter b4 the OE lift pump?

With that information, maybe a prefilter befor the OEM lift pump would help them last longer??

LM

philman692002

philman692002
Reaction score
fuel pump pressure 7.3

I have been reading on here and trying to figure out what a know pressure is for a 7.3 2001 f250 !
I two have replaced 4 stock fuel pumps there getting tried of warenting them ?
the best i know the pump stock does 80 psi the system dead heads at 60 psi and i m dropping to 40 psi and lower under a load at idle it goes up to 60 psi so i dont understand all u people speaking of 10 psi i am taking presure off the pump right after it tee ing in to it !

can any one help me prove or do u know the facts on all this thanks phil

oh also i need to know does the fass hpfp-150-2006 or fas1502012 supply 80 psi thats what i need ~!

;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7