How do you degrease a horse?

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno

The engine we took out of my truck a few months ago has been under our back deck. The grass in the backyard got a little thick while we were gone to the rally so I turned the kids horse Checkers out there to eat it down. Mind you- this horse is... well.... itchy. He rubs all over everything, and loves to find something new and improved to get just the right spot. :rolleyes: It rained today so he took refuge under the deck... and found his new love. I suppose his face was itchy today.... this is going to be a pain to get off of him :rotflmao

I think BJ and Eric had this look when they were working on the truck :D

You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
liberal application of whatever shampoo gets oil and grease out of my hair. It should work on the horse. "head and shoulders" might help the itchy condition too:eek:cookoo

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pictures didn't do it justice. its LAYERED on there lol I think he made several trips to scratch his face. Dumb horse gets into everything.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Shampoo would work 'til it got in his eyes. :eek: :rotflmao
Just leave it 'til he rubs it off by himself.
Onto a post or something. It'll wear off. :D

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I'd say you just pet him and then go wash your hands. He's bound to come clean sooner or later.

I know volunteer him for a kids birthday party and let them pet him clean.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
SELL HIM!!!:rotflmao Probably using some Dawn Dishwashing soap will work. Just be careful around the eyes and try it on a small area. Whatever you use may cause skin burning or worse. After my daughter finishes riding her half arab mare she (the horse) will really try to rub her face on you or anything to get the sewat off her. Sorry this happened but it too will pass.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
lol, thats good. I know what ya mean on an itchy horse, i got one of them in the barn.

Use orange clean with pumise. OR give him a good clean shave. lol

I was thinkin Cowboy magic at first. Maybe get em some head n shoulders to clear up the itchies too. Maybe some frontline for the fleas? lol j/k

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol

;Really

I was actually being sarcastic about how to get the grease off of him lol I just thought it was funny that he found an engine to scratch on, then I told BJ- hey- thats kinda what you are Eric looked like when you guys were working on the truck! LOL Ican- my daughters horse has a requirement of after you run at a show, you get off, you take her bridle off and hang it on the saddle horn, she rubs on you, and she goes and parks herself back at the trailer on her own. Its a ritual. Checkers looked like he wanted to rub his greasy face on me last night- no way pal! CC I don't think cowboy magic would touch this stuff lol the orange stuff might.... I do like the car wash idea but I don't think he'd go for that :rotflmao

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
So is the Motor clean now? :dunno LOL

:rotflmao
I was thinking the same thing.
I got a few motors that need a good scrubbin.:thumbsup:

You can lead a horse to water but ya can't get him clean????:dunno

Ehhh on second thought, just shoot Checkers up with some engine brite and send him back out there to finish the job.;Sweet

LOL

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
So is the Motor clean now? :dunno LOL

:rotflmao
I was thinking the same thing.
I got a few motors that need a good scrubbin.:thumbsup:

You can lead a horse to water but ya can't get him clean????:dunno

Ehhh on second thought, just shoot Checkers up with some engine brite and send him back out there to finish the job.;Sweet

LOL

That's it! Horse Clean for you dirty engine!!!!:thumbsup: