How about a $38,000.00 IDI,..?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
You guys crack me up,.. A guy puts 90K into building this monster truck and you guys just pick it apart and rag on it,..

Hell No it is not "practical" for ANYTHING, Towing, Hauling, Off Roading, or daily driver. Pretty sure that was not the point of the build. It is nothing but a Show truck, that's it. Would I own it or build it?,..No! but nevertheless he had an impressive vision for a truck and built it. Kudos to him.

pmelah

Reaction score
i think it looks cool (just sitting there lol) but who has money to waste that guy does he should have just given it to me i would have done something more practical with it like restored my truck to mint condition with some neat new modes

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I understand the concept of a show truck and that it will never likely be used for real work... but the mentality that they do not have to build it to do anything is silly. If you are dumping this much money into it, how much more would it have cost to talk to somebody that knows something about dual rear axles? Or to just steal the back end off a semi. And if you are building it for looks, who the hell thinks that 10 sideways shocks looks good?

Functionality, whether or not is is actually used, will always look better than the mess that is that build.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
You guys crack me up,.. A guy puts 90K into building this monster truck and you guys just pick it apart and rag on it,..

Hell No it is not "practical" for ANYTHING, Towing, Hauling, Off Roading, or daily driver. Pretty sure that was not the point of the build. It is nothing but a Show truck, that's it. Would I own it or build it?,..No! but nevertheless he had an impressive vision for a truck and built it. Kudos to him.

I agree.

But how does he come up w 90k! If you bought the truck brand new, bought all the parts brand new, and paid someone to build it. You might be up to that price..

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How frickin' long is that thing?

And, I guess I don't fully understand what all those near-horizontal shocks are supposed to do...

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
my guess is the shocks help axle wrap with the way they are mounted.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
the suspension desing is not really that bad. It is a light duty copy od a hendricks walking beam suspension that is used in a LOT of heavy trucks. (dumps, refuse, mixers, etc..) If desinged rite (or fixed up rite in this case) it can be a very versitile design.
Ken

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ken, the Hnedrickson suspension however uses bushings where the beams attach to the axles, which allows for some roll articulation between the two rear axles. This truck does not have that, as the beams are bolted solid to the axles, and to top that they ran crossmembers between the two beams to further stiffen the whole thing.

Darrin, I sure can appreciate the effort and money that went into that build, but my engineering dark side is just kicking and screaming that if you gonna spend that much on building something might as well build it right...