How about a $38,000.00 IDI,..?

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
papa bear does but it is not his truck though he wants to build one like it though
i think that truck is not practicle at all

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think that truck is not practicle at all
Indeed, they messed up on the rear suspension - he way they have the axles linkage right now does not allow the axles to articulate with respect to each other, say you're backing up and hit a high curb with your right rear wheel, this will pull the whole rear axle up, and put some massive strains on the beams while at it, all cause they essentially made the whole rear end into a big dolly that only articulates as one piece.

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Yeah, whenever you see that many shocks in those kind of scary stupid angles, you know to look out for some dumbassery. The axle design is retarded. There is a place for 6x6's. They can make great tow rigs which can take absurd tongue weights... bu this is just stupid.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'd love to build me a 6 wheel-truck, but it'd be a 4x6 dually with the idea you just mentioned. And you bet it'd have independently articulating axles, basically what they designed only upside down, much like what big trucks have.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That truck will get stuck in sand or soft gravel. Their solution of using only one suspension set to support both rear axles makes the rear axles prone to hopping and causing loss of traction. Impressive, but nothing practical or really innovative about it.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, it's doable with one set, but you gotta reverse the leaf packs and attach the main pivots in the middle to the frame, and the axles get bolted up to the ends of the packs. You'd want to have some trailing arms set up there for preventing wheel hop under heavy throttle, but for daily-driver and mall-crawler use those are purely optional.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i remember this truck was built 2 blocks away from me, i never looked under it but i remember watching it turn into the driveway one day and as the front rear tire went on the curb the ENTIRE rear axle came off the ground..... :puke: not to mention the tire scuffing of the back axle. completely retarted, if it were even remotely cool i'd give props for the effort going into it but any ass with a bottle of southern comfort and a mig welder could booger that gem together. :rotflmao

-Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online