hood won't release

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why but the hood release on my van won't pop. I think battery acid corroded the cable, exposing the inner wire and maybe the hood cut the cable when i shut it last. Well, anyway it happened, it still won't pop. Any suggestions? Never thought THIS would happen....ugh. piece of s---

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Do you feel any resistance at all when you pull the release? Or is the level just floppy?

Reason I ask is because if you at least feel something then I would get a helper and have them wiggle the hood up and down while you are pulling the lever. I have had mine do this when it was out of adjustment. Then once I got the hood open I just played with the latch assembly and bumpers to get it to close properly.

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no resistance at all. I try to pull harder thinking "it'll pop any minute now..." nothing. I'll try the bolts this afternoon, weather permitting...

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Try pulling up on the hood. Mine does this every once in a while. It feels like the cable broke, but it didn't. The hood popped, but didn't come up yet. It just needed help coming up.

Man, now I'm the pervert.

Just put the little purple pill in through the grille.

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally got around to the hood. Had to remove the driver's headlight and cut the cable. I then pulled the cable through the grille for simplicities sake. Battery acid ate some of the plastic so once I got the main cable out, I clamped a set of vice grips on it and gave it a good tug. opened easily.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.