High pressure fuel pumps

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
How big is your camper? Does it have a very big drop at the back?
This is the only pic I have with the camper in bed, it has a pretty significant drop, a hitch extension to go past the camper bumper would need to be at least 4ft long.
You must be registered for see images attach

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I do apprentice all the input everyone. Ultimately sounds like unless I use one tank, high pressure pump is out of the question for me. Guess I need to revisit maybe a low pressure pump if my mech isn't up to the task.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you could rig a front bumper mount, like hacked89 has. Dad had that front mount on a '78, and it worked OK. It was a piece of angle behind the bumper running between frame rails, and an L-shaped arm running from that under the bumper then up, and clamped to the bumper. At it's top it had a place to bolt the spare, of course.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks that’s not my truck but what I’ve done on vehicles is take a weld in receiver tube, cut to length and then you can weld it how you like through the bumper. You can back it with another square tube going across frame to frame depending on what you want to use it for. Then you could just use a receiver type spare tire rack on long trips or otherwise remove it if you like.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would mount it on the front like @hacked89 showed, or maybe on top of the camper. though it will be a pain to get up and down, its not like you need it very often.
I dont carry a spare with me. I need the bedspace for work and with the big tank I cant put it underneath. I daily drive it, sometimes over a 100 miles a day, but I dont take it on long road trips usually. So far so good knock on wood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online