Here's one for you

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
I just did a motor swap on my CC. It runs great but It seems like the IP is losing it's prime if it sits overnight or in the parking lot at work. What gives.. Perhaps the return lines letting air back in the system? It is'nt leaking around the IP anywhere. Any ideas??

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
If you reused the return line tubing, look for cracks. I had this problem for years until I replaced the tubing (especially the line to the tank at the back of the engine) and it went away.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Do you know for sure your glow plugs are working??? I was having a starting problem each time I started my truck. After the first start it would be fine the rest of the day. This got worse as time went on. I'm running a Moose pump. So because I have a spare pump I changed them.... As I was removing the pump I found the problem. I had no power going to the glow plug controller. The electrical fitting from the fender solenoid had come unsoldiered. I made the soldier fitting so it was my problem. My wait to start lite burned for the usual amount too. This hard start problem had nothing to do with a fuel leak or return line issue. The moose pump was not at fault. Now I've been around these motors for some time. I really felt my problem was a fuel leak down issue....Nope... These motors don't start cold very well without the glow plugs working. BTW I used a test lite on all the glow plugs before I pulled the pump. They all tested fine...

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
I just read the article in the tech files on why it starts and then quits. I think I'm gonna do the mod that was suggested. Moving the fuel filter to the frame rail and putting an electric pump on too. I'm also getting the tubing and O-rings together. Sound like the fix.

Helps when you read what people have done in the past and learn from their trials.

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
I just read the article in the tech files on why it starts and then quits. I think I'm gonna do the mod that was suggested. Moving the fuel filter to the frame rail and putting an electric pump on too. I'm also getting the tubing and O-rings together. Sound like the fix.:thumbsup:

Helps when you read what people have done in the past and learn from their trials.