HELP! Banks Sidewinder TE06H.

rbear88

Reaction score
So I finally took my truck in for weird noise that i posted last week. The cause was found to be my Turbo. I was told i needed to replace the turbo cartridge at the cost of 1500 for parts and labor. I have been trying to source the part myself as i feel that i am getting worked over here. Any help and thoughts would be appreciated. Just wish i could find the part myself!

Info supplied by the shop about the turbo below
Has Wasegate
Part # 24010
Model# TE06H
Serial# 04543
On the Exhaust Housing: 85-11900 DUCM 140

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not probably bad considering a mitsubishi turbo, and it is a pane to remove as some of the nuts are covered by the wastegate and very difficult to access.
A few years ago Banks wanted $1200 for the turbo.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ may be able to help you. Not sure but I think I've seen him mention he has options for banks turbos.

@typ4

rbear88

Reaction score
750 for parts and 700 for labor.....a new one from banks costs 1600. I am just hoping i am wrong or someone could chime in on a source of parts as i have exhausted all my resources.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Might contact Conestoga Diesel in Pa. Mel may be able to help. Or Russ as already posted. Its very difficult getting parts for the Banks Mitsubishi turbo. Care MUST be taken about some of the cheap ebay made in china parts. Japan will not sell you any part for this turbo unless you tell them the part number. Not a very good way of doing business really.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a busy guy. Make sure you private messaged him and not visitor messaged him.

Knight_3000

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread... but does anybody know, what are the wheel sizes for the Banks spec'd TE06H for the 7.3 IDI??? (Wastegated)

I recently Acquired the large parts for a banks turbo system and going to frankenstein the rest. I may use a PSD Intake and filter assy.

I am trying to locate a CHRA for this as I suspect I have a bent shaft or possible housing alignment problem as I have a stiff spot in the rotation of the shaft like it is just brushing the intake housing in 1 spot.

I have a lead on CHRA's from several different places but have found that everything from the Mitsubishi Eclipse to Komatsu Excavators have used the damn thing and it is getting a tiny bit confusing.

I know I have the ability and tools to pop the housings and install a new Cartridge I just to figure out what I need.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would probably save some money just having it rebuilt versus buying a chra, if you have a bent shaft, a rebuild and new shaft will be less than a chra, and it will be a known good setup since the housings will be inspected for damage and the rotating assembly will be balanced. If you want to just swap it out, I can get you a quote on a chra.

Knight_3000

Reaction score
another thing I have considered is using something other than the banks supplied turbo that would be a direct drop in.

Any suggestions?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another thing I have considered is using something other than the banks supplied turbo that would be a direct drop in.

Any suggestions?
If you want something that'll put out a peak of around 27 PSI(and really nice low end, even without much fuel), a BW S360 with a 0.63 exhaust housing will do nicely. The .83 housing never spooled well for me with that turbo.

Alternately, I know that R&D IDI Performance sells turbos at various levels.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I’m very interested to know this answer my self. I think it is a BW S257SXE. The trick is the many possible combinations of turbine and compressor wheel sizes an housing AR. And if it will physically line up with everything. Turbo tech had come far since the Banks turbo was designed.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will need a new intake hat and downpipe to use a different turbo. I have an intake hat that works great for these setups
You must be registered for see images attach