Half the VSS came out of the tranny

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aye, that's what I'd have on my hands next time I went to pull my new VSS if I didn't sand it down first. There should be no need to tap it in place, it should slide in and out nice and smooth - it's a tight fit indeed, but not tight enough to require hammer assistance. Apparently whoever worked on your truck before wasn't quite aware of that.

Desertrig

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the input and encouragement. Trucks up and running. I had to sand all the paint off the new VSS as I plan to try risking another speedo cable install;) The shifts are firm because I turned the fipl all the way up trying to achieve 1.2 4.5 but maxed at 1.09 4.12. The trans is a little slow to respond at low idle. I didn't test it but through a few shifts as the gpc tried to catch the harness on fire. I posted the details in the gpc questions thread and will probably try to get my PDF shop manual to cough up some info. I can get Pin numbers from it, but still can't find the wiring diagrams which is the main reason I spent the money on it:dunno