Great Site

BrianC

Reaction score
Just joined and am glad to know that there are smarter people than me to help me with my truck. Love these older IDI's and the people that own them.

Brian

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just joined and am glad to know that there are smarter people than me to help me with my truck. Love these older IDI's and the people that own them.

Brian

I would use the word "experienced" before I would use "smarter".
welcome to the site btw.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x3 on the welcome on board.
I think some of the best info on this site is the experiences that get confirmed by multiple people.
Its one thing if you have one or two people say dont do this or do this, but when 5-10 people say " I've done this and it doesn't work" thats pretty convincing.
The "lounge" has some really good humor too.

And yes its normal for Towcats avatars to break your train of thought or make you stare or other stuff.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Expirenced here!! mostly by trial and error....I bought the book, but I can't figgure out how to make it fit in the VCR so I can learn more about the IDI.....Maybe the DVD player?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum where you wont find any experts. Glad to say that too. I recall experts built the Tiatannic but just an amature carpenture built the ark... This forum does have more experiance than any dealership that left out there. Just not many places where we can get answers or work done on these orphaned rigs. Ask any question you have and never feel like your asking a dumb question. Most here wil not tell you thats a dumb question. That feeling is usually found on other forums from what I have read here.

Last edited:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Welcome fellow oilburner. You are in good company around here. Whether its experience or smarts you have a group of guys that have ran these rigs for who knows how many millions of miles. Good luck with your truck.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expirenced here!! mostly by trial and error....I bought the book, but I can't figgure out how to make it fit in the VCR so I can learn more about the IDI.....Maybe the DVD player?

Freakin' hilarious!!!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weclome to OB....best site for these IDI's bar none....dig deep, flip through stuff...post lotsa pictures and enjoy yourself...

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score

Brian

Do you happen to live near Halifax? I was driving down the 103 last Thursday hauling gravel from Gateway's pit to Glen Margret and I am POSTIVE I seen a truck IDENTICAL to yours coming and going a couple times.

tham

1994 F250 IDI Turbo
Reaction score
Welcome to the site BrianC. Like some have said, If you have an IDI this is the best place to be. There are a lot of Smart, and experienced guys and gals on here. Everyone is always here to help. As long as you show some respect when asking, and at least make an effort to find the answer on here, noone will ever make you feel like an idiot for asking any question.