Goldie "The extreme makeover" completed

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well since I finally have some time here are a couple of pics of the before and the after effects of some pretty long days.......300 hrs to be exact.cookoo

Things done:
Sandblast/prime & paint frame
Stripped off 3 layers of paint from the cab and bed
New front fenders
New front doors
Repaired fiberglass dually fenders
Repaired/ replaced floor pans...Mainly custom tin work due to lack of replacement metal for the crew cab
Repired cab corners
Replaced all 4 rocker panels....custom fabricated from regular cab rockers
Primed/painted entire truck inside and out 4 1/2 gallons of paint Sonic Blue Pearl 2005 Ford Superduty color.;Sweet
12 can of undercoating on cab and bed underside
Dynamat install to firewall and floorpans
Pioneer stereo and 4 new speakers.;Really
Bully step bars
Lund Visor
Banks non waste gated turbo... Thanks Calvin;Sweet :D

Generous supply of help from the brotherhood.....Joe, Darrin, Dave Mr. Dave, Scotty, Travis and Terry:hail :hail

Total cost was around $4,000.00 for the project.

I would still like to redo the interior but will save that for another day.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCF0101.JPG
    DSCF0101.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 58
  • P9100324.JPG
    P9100324.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 87

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll say it again...Incredible and Awesome!! :hail :hail
We bought the wife a little Cabriolet and I've been filling and sanding trying to get that little thing ready for paint...and I look out at The Dewey and can't imagine having to sand her down!! :eek: I know you said 300 hours but that seems awfully dang good to me for all that you did to that "gay" truck!! LOL
Looking at those pics, she looks great! I believe you could probably definately rename her since she's not even the same truck you started with!
Great work Ron!! :hail

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Very Cool Ron! You have a TON of work into that thing, and it shows. I personally would like to see it with some nice factry Alcoa's;Really ;Sweet

No matter what kind of work you do, there will always be some bugs to work out hu,..

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Ron

Awesome! I know from experience that you put a lot of sweat into it. Great job. Any chance you've got that picture under the flags in digital format that I could "borrow"?:hail

Tom

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very very nice. Maybe someday I'll get the time to do that.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got to see it in Angola. Looks much better without that camper on its back. I was very impressed! :hail

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Agnem said:
Looks much better without that camper on its back.

I concur, and she's a little quicker too.:love:
When spring hits tho, the dog house will have matching graphics with Goldie and should look like it belongs there.;Sweet

TLBREWER said:
Any chance you've got that picture under the flags in digital format that I could "borrow"?
Tom,
Shoot me a pm with some more info.
What I took yesterday was a rare view here with the sun setting.
I did manage to get one tonight but not quite as purdy.....Goldie was absent.LOL

ericboutin said:
I believe you could probably definately rename her since she's not even the same truck you started with!

:eek: I did...... Hence the symbol......Just like the artist formerly known as Prince. :rotflmao

I also updated the rest of the makeover photos that can be hit from the symbol link.;Sweet

Darrin Tosh said:
I personally would like to see it with some nice factory Alcoa's

Mee too......See ya next Friday!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

93 turbo_animal said:
you could have atleast made the bumper line up with the body
:backoff
That bumper WAS straight till I decided to get her burried last month hauling firewood.......
It didn't fair too well up against an 8100 series John Deere.......Burried to the axles.:puke:
I need one of them there Honda Bumpers....... JD certified.:thumbsup:

I do say thanks for the comments guys....... Y'all have been a big inspiration in my decision to keep the IDI going..... 1 maybe 2 projects in mind for the next IDI go-round......
Heck, I might end up with enough IDI combos in the yard to give Mel a run for his money.LOL

IDIeselman

Reaction score
:thumbsup: Verrrrrry nice, I'll go so far as to say you now have the SECOND best looking truck on the boards;Poke .(just kidding fellows) I really like the fact it sits level, They take on a whole new look without the frontend dragging .

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never understood this whole leveling fad. Reminds me of hoola hoops. As soon as you hook a trailer on it, or put a load in the bed, now your going uphill all the time. LOL We jack up the ass end of girls with high heels, so why not let your truck's butt stick up where it belongs. :rotflmao

Long live air shocks and jacked up Mavericks! :love: :hail

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Agnem said:
I've never understood this whole leveling fad. Reminds me of hoola hoops. As soon as you hook a trailer on it, or put a load in the bed, now your going uphill all the time. LOL We jack up the ass end of girls with high heels, so why not let your truck's butt stick up where it belongs. :rotflmao

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Now that is down right funny there.

It's all in the terrain. She does have a bit of an "ass" hike as Mel so elegantly described.........No saggy cheeks here.LOL

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score

I know how you feel Mel.

BTW Ron I envy your work ethics. I never seam to find the time to finish little projects let alone take on a total rebuild of a truck. Nice job man!

Attachments

• mavside.jpg
    mavside.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 14

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Looks awesome! However, i vote for a picture with better lighting. The lighting in that after picture leaves alot to be desired.

I wanna actually be able to see the beauty properly:D

I do like the posing of the shot though...