going to kick a puppy

hawaiian808

Whiplash FTW
Reaction score
Does anyone make a roof replacement panel? I can't find anything, im pissed I wasted 4g fixing a cab the had hidden rot in the roof... and I can't find another truck fir a reasonable price, everyone thinks therdiesel truck with rot, and 300k and a bad tranny ia worth 11g, just venting and looking for one last solutions.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
We have plenty of rust free entire trucks out here on the west coast but you and I know what the shipping is going to cost. Without actually seeing what your attempting to fix is not an easy item to suggest a repair for. Roofs are a tuff one. I'm betting your rust is in the water channels around it....

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
NO. no one makes a replacement roof. Go to a JY and find another cab. 80-97 will work. The 87-97 cab will need some tabs relocated for the dash, some holes filled in the firewall and the seatbelt shoulder strap worked

hawaiian808

Whiplash FTW
Reaction score
I Belive around 13oo in shipping hell I would fly out n drive back with it if I could, just looking for a 83-86, the slant nose, as far as the roof when they pulled it up on accident a hole about 8/6/5 inches long opened up... from the rain drains in towards the center, so basicly a custom fabbed roof n to swap the cab is going to cost just as much, im on my phone sorry for my horrible typing

hawaiian808

Whiplash FTW
Reaction score
I am hoping honda is going to sell me his truck he has in the for sale section! I want to swap cabs but then all that money spent on fixing the corners and floor is wasted.... man fml haha! So no roof panel...basically im screwed o well I tried if anyone sees a nice slant nose 4x4 with no rust let me know haha, thank u for the help!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
figure out what you want to do fast. I'm getting ready to crush this truck. make offer on the cab. shipping additional.
can supply title with it since F450's are an endangered species in kali.

Attachments

• SL374479.JPG
    SL374479.JPG
    288.3 KB · Views: 13
  • SL374480.JPG
    SL374480.JPG
    288.4 KB · Views: 22
  • SL374481.JPG
    SL374481.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 11
  • SL374482.JPG
    SL374482.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 10
  • SL374483.JPG
    SL374483.JPG
    286.6 KB · Views: 11

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Omg if I could do a cab swap myself I would buy that in a heartbeat!! I was thinking convertible!!
Cab swaps aren't all THAT hard...it'll take a couple of people and some lifting, and quite a bit of detail work, but if you can repair body panels and cab corners, swapping the entire cab should actually be easier. There are only 4 mounting points holding the cab to the frame, and much of the rest of the work is in rerouting wires and whatnot. It's time-consuming, but I doubt it's beyond you.

FWIW...and BTW I've looked fairly closely at the cab towcat's offering to sell you; the sheet metal's in pretty good shape...

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cab swap can easily be done in a day if your dedicated to the job. Its not that bad.

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
This probably isn't much help, unless you can wrangle some long-distance transport...

but, a flawless truck cab can be had for around $150 here in New Mexico junkyards.

They are getting harder to find, because the salvage yards are crushing trucks with rust-free, dent-free bodies after sitting for a few months. Apparently the scrap value is high enough that they no longer let them sit for years anymore. They are crushing vehicles with lots of useful parts still left on them.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Omg if I could do a cab swap myself I would buy that in a heartbeat!! I was thinking convertible!!

HA, dont be scared of a uttle cab swap. i got the whole body off mine, swapping the whole body for a rust free one from georgia..:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online