A Post I Don't Want To Make

TexasTruck

Reaction score
Something like this happened on my 7.3. It was an injector and had water in the fuel system after Hurricane Harvey. I went through the whole system system and cleaned it all out. PITA to do it but no cost other than my time to do it. I would check the injectors first.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Well, My family just got rocked back with the recent passing of my mother but we did a little poking with the truck. Ended up replacing the brake lines from the proportioning valve back. That almost turned into a disaster lol, the brake line blew while I was loading onto the trailer and I was pushing my other truck and trailer down the driveway until I could stop it, slam in reverse and back up.

The engine smokes white constantly when running and clears up when you crack the number 8 injector. We were planning on replacing the engine in general so I pulled out an old injector and just threw it in. The truck seemed to run a little better so I told my son to just drive it around the yard and neighbors property. We have about 20 acres to run around on between us. While I have not been on top of it recently dealing with family support, the engine stopped smoking and no longer chuffs out the exhaust. It seems like it is clearing up and my son has been driving it around probably 5-6 hrs or so. He is just excited to have his own truck.

We have not taken it out on the road and number 8 still sounds a little weak but you have to listen for it now. A road test down the highway might tell a different tail but we might just run it. I will have to break out my compression tester to see if the numbers went up or down.

Could an injector with excessive spray wash down the rings and cause this kind of damage? I am still worried about the low compression number but it might be one of those "its still running so we keep driving it" deals LOL

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had added a quart of marvel mystery oil to the oil when we weren't sure if it was a sticking lifter so if the oil is extra runny that's why fyi, not sure if that got brought up when you guys were here or not. It was definitely ready for a change also.

Hopefully that cylinder comes back for you guys enough to at least buy you some time to get a good rebuild on another, anything it can give at this point is more than I figured it would do lol. Also it definitely has 2 bad glow plugs which I know I told you guys, one was in 8. I think the other was in 7. Glad it's at least trying to hang in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online