God Bless America

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone takes a moment to remember all that serve and protect this great nation. And the ones who lost there lives on this day in 2001!

GOD BLESS AMERICA.........

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very true BJ. Every year, I think back to how horrible this day was 8 years ago. When we went to the Flight 93 crash site in Shanksville, PA at the 2008 Rally, it really made the whole thing more personal for me. You put names, faces, and person stories with the terrible decsion they faced on that day. And, how bravely they acted in the face of certain death is unbelievably moving.

I get really mad at our government for not funding a proper memorial for these brave men and women at the crash site. They wasted billions on Chrysler and GM, hundreds of millions on a wild horse warfare program, but they won't fund this memorial. INSANE!:mad: That plane was headed for Washington D.C., but they sacraficed their lives so that wouldn't happen. Why not honor that? Anyway, I'm getting pissed all over again........so I'll get off my soapbox now.

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Very true BJ. Every year, I think back to how horrible this day was 8 years ago. When we went to the Flight 93 crash site in Shanksville, PA at the 2008 Rally, it really made the whole thing more personal for me. You put names, faces, and person stories with the terrible decsion they faced on that day. And, how bravely they acted in the face of certain death is unbelievably moving.

Yup gave me the chills as did this morning listening to the radio station broadcasting a memorial tribute.

Thanks to all who serve or have served be it military, police, fire or EMS.:hail

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to mention the name Kathy Mazza. I was fortunate not to have any association with any who died that day, but my co-worker a the time was greif stricken by the loss of Kathy Mazza, and so I vowed to remember her name and make his loss my own. Kathy was a high ranking police officer for the Port of New York (the only female to hold a position that high). She was in the lobby of the WTC when she saw that the doors were not big enough to ever let everyone get out quickly enough. She drew her side arm and blew out the windows so that people could run in any direction they needed. It's hard to guess the number of lives that may have been saved by her simple act. Like the preverbial captian of the ship, she stayed until it was way too late, helping people get out until the very last second. I have no doubt that she saw things in the final moment of her life that exceed any nightmare anyone could ever have, and the rage that builds up in me as I think of the senslesness of her death, and everyone elses eats at me like a festering **** that won't go away. I can't believe that here it is 8 years later and people don't think to fly our flag, or at least think about what it is to be an American, and the things we take for granted that are gifted to us by those who have served, so that we may truely be free by whatever standard of measurement you wish to apply.

We lost a lot of good IDI ambulances, and fire apparatus that day too.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I feel just as posted above but just sying Thanks seems like such a small thing to say or do. I know thats all someone ever wants to hear. This isthe best, free country to live and prosper in. Why any one or group of people would try to put a stop to that seems like petty jealousy. We arenot born with hate. That hs to be taught to us. I wishthe hate would stop. Paybacks are a... well... We know how to pay back those factions that gave us that sucker punch 8 years ago. I really want to thank Toby Keith for his song that says it better than I ever could. You know the song....

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I ain't no American by birth (ex-USSR kid here), but today there is an American flag right on top of my CB antenna, as a small gesture of gratitude to those brave men and women whom we lost that day... And yes Gary, you bet we know the song, and some of us will be playing it full blast with the windows down as we drive through town today :fight:

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I lost several good friends in the world trade center attacks. I am still very bitter about the whole situation. I really appreciate every single man and woman in the service going to battle for out freedoms.
Never Forgive
Never Forget
Ken

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was sitting home sick that day and I could not believe what I was seeing. My stomach has been churning all day and I think it is a subconcious reaction to the grief and loss that the country suffered.

One of the great things about working for Evergreen was the traveling. I was working at JFK 2 months prior and I saw the towers from a distance. I was back there a couple years ago and it is a wierd looking skyline now.
I worked in Oklahoma city for a week and went to the site of the Murrah building, you cannot imagine the feelings that impale/ overwhelm you while standing there thinking of those people.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I know exactly where I was at...and Mel, just so you know, I saved the raising of my new to me (from Iraq) flag for this day. I fly a flag everyday, have completely worn out two (this is my third) sent to me by members of my game club, Iraq flown flags!

It's my small tribute to those who serve, have served and the families who waited for their return and grieved their loss!

I've caught heck a couple times from veteran neighbors for flying flags that were a little ragged, but I put them up and keep them up until the person that sent it comes home...once I've explained why they are still flying, the two that stopped to tell me to get a new flag, all but wept and thanked me.

To those that have, are or will serve and their families...God bless you and I'm praying for your safe return.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a flag flying in my cube at work. it's pretty tattered to. I got it on 9/12/01. Appearantly it has been on somebody's car and fell off. I saw it laying in the middle of the road, in the pouring rain. I pulled over to get it, and traffic was pretty heavy. EVERYBODY stopped in both directions, so I could safely get it. Today it is raining. I don't see any flags flying. :rolleyes:

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an exfirefighter I will NEVER forget my brothers who selfishly gave there lifes to save others. Freedom is taken for granted to much in this country. Remember to give thanks everyday for the fact that we have such a great bunch men and women who protect our freedom. Military,Police, Fire, and EMS! Thank you again for all you do!!!!!!

I was called into work that day for multiple meetings On what we needed to do in case this happened in our county! I will never forget a comment by one of our county commisioners....he said we have nothing to worry about we are a small county!-cuss-cuss......that made me SO mad. No matter how big or small on that day I felt no one was safe.

God Bless America

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I got a flag flying in my cube at work. it's pretty tattered to. I got it on 9/12/01. Appearantly it has been on somebody's car and fell off. I saw it laying in the middle of the road, in the pouring rain. I pulled over to get it, and traffic was pretty heavy. EVERYBODY stopped in both directions, so I could safely get it. Today it is raining. I don't see any flags flying. :rolleyes:
;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

Its kinda the same around here with flags not wavin. I went into work today on my day off at 5:00 am to lower the flag to half mast. Both my flags are flying at half mast today.
What a terrible day. Its just depressing on all levels..
Ken