Glow Shift Gauge Pods/Meter Combo

jchristie

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some gauges for my truck, and I read a ton yesterday on what people have. Obviously, everyone has their own personal opinion on gauges and pod set ups. Many people said they recommend the Glow Shift pod mounts, but no one, at least from what I read, mentioned the Glow Shift gauges. I noticed on their website they have a pod mount and gauge combo. Two questions: Does anyone know anything about these gauges and would there be an advantage to having the same manufacturer for seamless installation?

Thanks in advance

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
my buddy ran them in his 97, didn't have a problem with them.

Im going to run the ISSpro gauges I bought from Mel on his group buy, but spending 500 bucks on gauges isn't for everyone.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
I got a Glow Shift three pod pillar. Still waiting on ym gauges to come it, but need to hack it up and graft it onto an 80-86 pillar. So quality/fitment I can't really comment on but it seemed fine at a glance.

I looked at their gauges. I would have liked to buy from them as they are local to me, but they don't offer anything visually appealing or period correct in appearance. I also dislike their big facy GlowShift logo on the gauges as opposed to either no branding or simple white text on black background. I ended up ordering a pair of dual gauges from Westach. Hopefully two gauges in a 2" package isn't too small or to busy but we shall see.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the pyro' the ?7 color one in the 88.
It seemed to work good.
It would not hold the color of choice ( as stated in the paperwork) when I replaced the dead banks unit.
Sold the rig before sorting it out.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trouble I see with Glowshift if mounted on the pillar, is at night they are too bright. They need to be put on a dimmer circuit.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I ordered their 3 pod and single pod flat mounts for the gauges that will be going in the Enterprise. Thinking of heading out to mock them up on Bruiser since they're both bricknose trucks. I'll be using ISSPRO and Stewart Warner gauges, but if you want quick 'n cheap, get some SunPro's. Dunno if they make a pyrometer or not, but most parts houses stock the 3 packs. Never used GlowShift gauges and for some reason I lean more towards ISSPRO/SW, but that might be because that's all we ever put in the KW's at the plant.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 3 in 1 Glowshift dash mount gauge in my 93. Does EGT (sweep), Water temp (digital) and boost (digital) I love it. Easy to mount and I really like the digital gauges.

I have a 3-pillar mount in my 89 using isspro gauges. It's fine, but the resolution of the water temp gauge sucks. I prefer the digital. Don't think I'd spend the money on Isspro gauges again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.