Glow Plugs

MF2003

Reaction score
Do what you will, I will use a temperature limiting plug everytime. That way, I don't have to concern myself with heavy fingers or poor timing or anything since the GPs will not burn up. The military CUCVs or HUMVEES use them.

Last edited:

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
The Autolite 1110's are spade connectors. They are for the 6.2's I understand.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27506&highlight=autolite+1110&page=2

They sound as if they might work good. I know the general consensus is that autolites are junk but that is for the ones made for our engines. According to spyder1100 he tested the 1110's up to 24v with no swelling. They might be a good choice.

I recently tried a set of the 1110's in my truck. Started up great the first time. Second time all 8 were dead, with one swelled and hard to get out, but it came out thankfully. They were hooked up with the resistor and everything, so they saw about 10V. I don't recommend getting them, even if they have been tested to 24V.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Im going to try different glow plugs, right now im going to try AC's then wellmans

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I recently tried a set of the 1110's in my truck. Started up great the first time. Second time all 8 were dead, with one swelled and hard to get out, but it came out thankfully. They were hooked up with the resistor and everything, so they saw about 10V. I don't recommend getting them, even if they have been tested to 24V.

Maybe it depends on what day of the week they were made!
Right now I'm using the controller but I haven't looked to see what brand gp's are in it. Hopefully when I do need to pull them they aren't swelled!