Glow Plugs

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
If you want to be experimental with plugs, just make sure they are rated at a higher voltage than what you get at the plug. That way, if they crap out, chances are they wont swell because its not getting enough voltage to get hotter, faster.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just replaced 8 Bosch that were all burned out. None were swollen. Put in 8 Beru from Rockauto. ;Sweet

Billyisgr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The glow plugs I bought from e-bay which I just posted about a few threads down are the Wap ones....All 8 are toast within a short time, and some of them were a one time use only plug......I have all beru's now. and am much happier.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I just removed all of my burned up motorcrafts and 2 had swelled tips and one was missing a piece of glow plug in the side of it:eek: "well i installed my own glow plug delete kit" just cut the tip off some old ones and put them inLOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just removed all of my burned up motorcrafts and 2 had swelled tips and one was missing a piece of glow plug in the side of it:eek: "well i installed my own glow plug delete kit" just cut the tip off some old ones and put them inLOL

So your starting it how?

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hmmmm, swelled-up Motorcraft/Beru's...you don't say ;Really

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
So your starting it how?

Trust me Mel, you don't want him to answer that question. He has said what he is doing in other posts............

It has to do with an aerosol can............

I think he is being careful and has been lucky with is so far.........

FordGuy100

Reaction score
When did glow plugs get so expensive?

I mean it wasnt more than a couple years ago Beru's were like $7 a piece it seems.

I want to tap the intake manifold for two of those screw in grid heaters. Run them for 30 seconds...the like 5 seconds on the regular glow plugs. Hopefully it will extend the life of them.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, if the mail people are as good as the hospital workers i had take care of my this weekend...my glow plugs from ebay should get here about......spring!-cuss

I bought a GPS last month! Payment cleared the 25th of October, I paid for 3 day shipping! The tracking number I got says it was put in the mail on Nov. 3rd, 7 days after payment cleared! IT'S STILL NOT HERE;Pissed 3 day shipping my ass!:bs

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
So your starting it how?

etherLOL I only shoot it threw the air filter, not problems what so ever, never had any all the years ive used it in a diesel, but i have never shot it on a hot glow plug cause im real careful

MF2003

Reaction score
Hey I just replaced autolites not working for beru out of dieselfilters on line 95 canadian
I think it was I shipped to maine and picked them up as I likve in a bordertown

What was the Part# of the autolites?

The next question is what GP to use. Here is where the fun begins. I profess using AC12Gs or Autolite 1109s. They are temperature limiting via. A built in positive temperature coefficient resistance coil in series with the heating coil. This allows the GP to heat to red hot and stay there without melting down. The normal failure mode of a GP is overheating. Caused by a controller going bad or a finger getting too heavy. At any rate a pain in the butt. Now if you want the ultimate GP, a BERU 007 is temperature controlled and a BERU that everyone holds in reverence.$21.15 at

For BERUs: https://www.real4wd.com/B1WebTools/c...spx?PartNo=007 $21.15

Check out this website: Glow Plug - Military Humvee 6.5L I've emailed them regarding their GP_65MILHUM GPs. They even have the correct terminal! $68.50/set + S&H.

Check them out if you don’t believe me. Whatever you choose, preheat them before you install them. Hook them up to 12V and watch them heat, you may want to do it in two stages, 1st heat them until they smoke. Let them cool as you test the others, then take them to red hot. If you have an ammeter to measure the current and they are temperature limiting, they should start out at around 10 amps and taper off to about 4 amps. If they continue to draw 10amps, they are not TL GPs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online