give me 40 acres to turn this thing around

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Lol That's crazy. The bed part should've been a hot tub. With all that extra weight, I doubt it'll be seeing a decent trailer in tow if it is an idi. I see it struggling up hills the way it is.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Exactly how many times is that poor thing going to get sold? ( or I wonder if it ever got sold any of teh other times, because I swear I've seen that thing listed a number of times before )

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly how many times is that poor thing going to get sold? ( or I wonder if it ever got sold any of teh other times, because I swear I've seen that thing listed a number of times before )
My guess is it's never sold, and each ad is a repeat by the owner. It's a novelty item, but I don't see anyone paying top dollar for it, unless LeGrande Affaire decides they need another exotic stretch to accompany their fleet of stretch Hummers, hybrid Tahoes, and Scion toasters :rolleyes:

Sw1tchfoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting around to see how many people will post "Well that truck's only worth about 8k around here"

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Clearly...:eek: Someone had way too much money and ideas about how to build a rig.. The color plus the red interior is way wrong. but thats my choice of what looks good to me. Turning it.... One must plan that a day in advance.. Maybe its got the GM rear steer and the posted forgot to mention it...:rotflmao Kind of a sad ending to a great truck crewcab dually too...

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Sure would eliminate a cramp cab when taking the family on vacation. Towing a camper with that would be crazy. Needs a Cummins conversion with all the bells and whistles. The guy had 50g's tied up in it. Whats another 10-15 more, lol

BTW, I like it. If I had the money...........

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turning it.... One must plan that a day in advance..
Granted I haven't driven it, but I imagine it's not too much worse than any other stretch. It might be slightly better, since it has a higher ground clearance than a Town Car stretch. The key is to never get yourself into a situation unless you know how you're going to get out of it, and to try to avoid backing up whenever possible.

Even with a CC-DRW, I imagine that the extra cab length really adds to the GVW, especially if you have it loaded with people...I can't imagine that you can really tow very much or haul much in the bed with this truck without exceeding the GVWR (keep in mind, no stretch limousine I have ever seen has anything resembling upgraded brakes {which can make stopping an adventure, especially with 10 people in the back}; I doubt it's any different with this rig). That's my reason for stating that this is a novelty item...I mean yes, of course it's cool :D but the reality of the matter is, unless you need something only for driving people, or unless you want a conversation piece, there's no real reason to buy this truck...and that's why I don't think it'll ever sell for $24K+. With that said, I have no idea what it's "really" worth...the end story is, it's worth whatever someone'll pay for it, and it's pretty clear to me that there isn't anyone out there at the moment who's willing to pay $24K for it; otherwise it would have sold. :)

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the 80's called...............this time they said they didn't want their truck back.:D